Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem with MR1 Update Manager

If after running the Update Manager in Mr1/SP2 you receive the following error:

not%20found.JPG

You will need to download an updated file to ensure the update manager works correctly.

updatemanager.exe.config can be download by downloading MR1-UpdateManager.zip from the Mastercam X Downloads Page of Mastercam.com.

Unzip this file to the Mastercam MR1/SP2 updateservice folder overwriting the existing file.

ie C:MCamX-MR1updateservice

Some users have experienced a delay in the update manager recognizing this file. Iif you receive the same error

after copying over the old file with the new file, wait an hour and try again. It should give the correct message

shown here.

no%20updates%20avail.JPG

I had the same as Slepydremr at first. Then I tried again after and got "Update Manager-error" as pictured by Jim Evans. I downloaded file and put it into C:mcamxupdateservice and still get exactly the same error message.

I also navigated through the folders in the download (programmingtjbupdateservice) and copied "UpdateManager.exe.config"(10/18/2005 3:11 AM) to C:mcamxupdateservice with the same result.