Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

M/C DNC

johnl

Hi All,

We just purchased two Mazak multiplex machines. Can M/C communicate the same as my G code machines? Im stepping into a new realm of DNC with these Mazak's. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John

P.S. I forgot to tell everyone that we will be programming at the machine for the time being. I will want to store those programs offline.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: johnl ]

Oh, you said Multiplex, I believe thats a lathe, sorry I havent used the lathe post. But look on the CD for it.

Our lathe guy programs everything with Mazatrol conversational. He hasnt run into anything that he could handle using Mazatrol (sorry James wink.gif ).

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Mark H ]

Our new Mazak with the PC-Fusion-CNC controller comes with a floppy drive built in. So you should be able to save your files offline. There are a couple of ways to do this. By the way, the controller runs Windows 95.

As for our older Mazaks, they have the RS323 port that we use for DNC, but it also can double as a Mazak Mirco Disk connection. The Micro Disk is basically a portable floppy system. The only down side is that it formats the disk in a Mazak format, so you couldnt read that floppy on a PC.

Hi Johnl,

If these machines are new, then they either have the Mazak T-Plus controller or Fusion 640 controller. Both controllers have the ability to output either G code or Mazatrol code by using the Computer I/O softkey selection. If you are programming at the Mazak machines then you will probably be using the Mazatrol Programming Language to start with. This stores the data in Mazak format which can be output the RS232 port via Data I/O - Computer I/O. It stores the data in a psuedo looking M/G-code ASCII file with 3 digit M/G codes. The nice thing is that you do not have to use Mazatrol Protocol to communicate - M/C will work fine - The Fusion 640 controller also has an optional ethernet connection to allow a network to 'plugin' to the machine via a peer to peer connection. If these are new 'used' machines then they will have T1,2,4,6,or 32 type controllers. These controllers require a proprietary communications protocol in order to send the Mazatrol Programming Language Files offline.

Sincerely,

John