Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Agie 200 Wire

Nathan G. Baldwin

Wire V9.1

Can anybody (I'm hoping roger martin is out there somewhere) explain to me how the dummy moves need to look for older agie machines?

I'm working on a post for an agiemeric CNC 100 and I have been reading about the parameters.

I've noticed from my searches that a lot of the old agie machines require dummy moves, and some of the documentation looks that way as well, but I can't seem to understand how these dummy moves work...

could somebody explain it to me?

Thanks

Nathan,

You aren't making a new AGIE post, are you?

AGIE lesson:

At the start of the contour ->

The 1st NC code motion block will be the first move of the contour.

The 2nd NC code motion block will be the lead-in move to the contour.

The order of these are "flipped" from what actually occurs on the machine when the program is run.

At the end of the contour, these sequence is ->

… NC motion of the final move of the contour….

The “dummy move”

Then the lead-out move away from the contour

Example program:

A 1x1 square centered at X0,Y0 with the Thread Pt at X0,Y.75

N120 = the move that cuts the first move of the contour.

N130 = the lead-on move from the Thread Pt. to the contour.

N180 = The “dummy” move.

I heard differing reasons for this “dummy” move.

Basically a direction vector telling giving the machine info, so it knows how (in what direction) to cancel Comp, which occurs in N190 which is the lead-out move off the contour (back to the Thread Pt. position in this case).

AGIE.GEO example code (Incremental motion) ->

% N100 M63

N110 D01 P01 S01 T01 G43

N120 G01 X+005000 Y+000000 G44

N130 G01 X+000000 Y-002500 G40

N140 G01 X+000000 Y-010000 G44

N150 G01 X-010000 Y+000000

N160 G01 X+000000 Y+010000

N170 G01 X+005000 Y+000000 G44

N180 G01 X+010000

N190 G01 X+000000 Y+002500 G40

N200 G45 M22 M02

quote:

Basically a direction vector telling giving the machine info, so it knows how (in what direction) to cancel Comp, which occurs in N190 which is the lead-out move off the contour (back to the Thread Pt. position in this case).

from what do I derive the value of the dummy move? Is it always 1"?

Now the real kicker...

do any of CNC's posts do this automatically? I've looked at agie.pst and at mpwagie.pst, of which agie.pst gives me an error "path not found" when I select it for use and mpwagie doesn't appear to make these moves.

how would I change MPWAGIE to include this manner of cutting? OR do I need to re-evaluate how I'm drawing/chaining my geometry?

If you recommend a different plan, I'd be very thankful to hear it.

Thanks a great deal, regardless, that lesson helped a great deal already.

Thanks again,

On our old CNC100 I manualy edit mine but moving the second block above the first (note "N" numbers) and add the G43,G44,G40. I also have to edit the "D" values, never did get it working completly. I always use 2 lines and arc because the post would split the second move if it was an arc on all the trims. I still use V7 for channing trim paths because we need to go into a different corner on every cut and it's hard to do in later versions.

%N001T01D01P01G43

N003G01X+000498G44

N004G01Y-000100G40

N005G03X+000100Y+000100J+000100G44

This works for us because we usualy only run one product on old Bessy but she is still accurate as the day we got her!

? Are you doing this for v9.1 or X ?

The sample code I posted above was generated from Wire v9.1 using the MPWAGIE.PST. No edits.

That post capable of doing the entry flip-flop and the dummy vector at when canceling comp.

The "length" of the vector is not really important, it the "direction" the vector represents that is important.

No special chaining requirements, just be sure to let Mastercam generate the lead-in/out moves (Do NOT chain geometry for the lead-in/out)

and be sure that the MPWAGIE.PST is the active post before creating your wirepaths. If you do the paths and then change to the MPWAGIE.PST, needed Misc value settings will not be in the NCI, which may get you output you may not want.

Also, for anyone running these AGIEs with Wire v9

Do not update your MPWAGIE.PST from v9 to X.

More changes than UpDatePST can do when updating a PST are required.

You can contact your Dealer, who can get the Machine/Control/Post setup for X for these machines from the CNC Post Dept. -->

AGIE GENERIC AC123 4X Wire.pst

AGIE GENERIC AC123 4X WIRE.control

AGIE GENERIC AC123 4X WIRE MM.WMD

AGIE GENERIC AC123 4X WIRE.WMD