Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC X Video card

It seems there is no clear cut answer to this yet but here goes. I am getting a new PC and was told to ask what is the recomended video card. This PC has a Quadro Fx 500 / 600 that seems to have some problems with MC X MR2. I had to go back to older drivers just to keep it from crashing in backplot on new tool paths.

Thanks

A friend of mine and a cousin are both needing new PC's to run Mastercam X and Autodesk Inventor on among other programs. What exactly is the difference and advantage between running say a Nvidia Quadro FX 3500 and running say a Geforce 7900 GTX? Is the FX 3500 really worth double the price of a 7900 GTX? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Both of these are needed for a second home computer that they are buying themselves in order to run Mastercam X and Autodesk Inventor at home in the evenings and will not be bought by the company so money is a factor.

Robert

Going by what quite a few here on the forum say and the Dell Mastercam page Quadro seems to be one of the best for Mastercam. I personally use an ATI, but do not have to run massive surface, solids, and/or large multi axis toolpaths that often so it's not a problem. Do a search on graphics and there should be a lot of info to read thru from other members of this forum.