Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling seq out?

DavidB

I have 13 arcs going in a dead straight line in the Y-axis.

I select by entity and pick each arc starting at the bottom (horizontal machine) and work up to arc number 13.

But when I backplot the drill toolpath the seq is screwed.

drillseq.jpg

Can some one try this simple example and let me know if its me?

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When drilling by entity, they get drilled in order of creation. If you pick the center points using the default point selection, then it will dril in the order that you picked them.

I think this is a bug. Search for more info. It was covered not too long ago.

Thad

Thad,

I got the same thing in V9.

So if its a bug its been in MC for awhile now.

I believe the toolpath should drill points in the order there selected not the order they where created.

For referance I created these 13 arcs off a solid face buy, create curve all edges, solid face.

For this toolpath I selected by ENTITY so shouldn't the toolpath follow the order I selected the arc ENTITIES?

quote:

I got the same thing in V9.

So if its a bug its been in MC for awhile now.

Could be. I used to use the quick keys to sort in V9, but haven't bothered with the new interface. My parts are small enough that I really don't care if I have to go 1 inch to the next hole or 6 inches.

quote:

I believe the toolpath should drill points in the order there selected not the order they where created.

+1

quote:

For this toolpath I selected by ENTITY so shouldn't the toolpath follow the order I selected the arc ENTITIES?

It should. That's where the bug part comes in. biggrin.gif According to the last thread on this, the bug only occurs when using Entity selection. If you use the default selection option that comes up in the point manager, they should drill in the order that you select them.

In your particular example, I'm not sure what order MC creates the arcs when creating curves from solid. I would guess that what ever order they drilled in would be the creation order, since that is the issue.

Thad

quote:

Are you sure all of your sorting options are off?

I create a drill toolpath.

When the dialog box comes up I say ENTITY.

I pick the lowest arc up to the top arc in order.

When I backplot I get the order as in my pic?

Thanks Thad,

I noticed you guys worked it out in that thread.

Then nothing further in the thread from CNC once it was worked out there IS a bug by selecting by Entity confused.gif

Wonder why this has not been fixed yet?

Anyone ever send it in to QC?

In the drill point manager >> clck on resort and then on the sort page click on point to point, it will prompt for your first point and then go in order. This appears to be modal as well it sticks and doesn't change until you change it.

John,

the problem I'v seen with point to point is that it will leave some odd points out until last then it will go get them.Some times traveling from one end of the part to the other.It will also not recognize a feature of the part or maybe tooling that is in the way.So it won't use the order you just selected to work around it.I tried keymapping "c" for arc center as it used to be but it won't let you use single keys.

Mark

Hi every body,

Since PowerKey topic came up in this thread I have one question about the power key I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have couple of circles on the screen and I want to use the power key to analyse the position. From the autocursor setting I enable the Powerkeys. I select the Analyze, Anlayse position, I press the c from the keyboard and when I select the circle It analyse the center of the circle but when I go to the next circle It is out of the C mode now I could not figure out what I am missing If any body can help me. Thanks