Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CMM to MCAMX

New Job

Our shop recently purchased a CMM (Manual not DCC). The Salesman assured the owner that it would check our 3D cavities. What he (salesman) failed to mention was the $$$$$$$.$$ software we would need to interpret the results.

curse.gif Thus Boss hits roof, hard.

I now need to find a way to take point cloud from CMM, import into MCAM, make points and project onto 3-D Model, and report difference in points. I have been doing this manually (very tedious) and would like to have a C-hook or VB script to do this with unless there is another way? Expensive software is out of the question, especially when it cost's more than CMM.

headscratch.gif

Any thoughts are appreciated. TIA. smile.gif

I'll be watching this thread too. Every time I want to merge points from the CMM to a model on Mastercam I have to print them out and manually enter them in. It seems there should be a relatively simple way of saving the points to a readable file for Mastercam and merging them without all of the typing. Good luck.

It would be nice If I could do this for UG too.

You can import ASCII files even if it has letters and commas. They are ignored. If your CMM can take input data (in other words, if it has motors), you could make a drill toolpath of the points you want to examine, and the CMM would give you a list of the errors. It will take a little postprocessor work,