Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

512 Mb with Mill 3

Brian_99

I am running mill level 3 and only have the minimum amount of required of memory, 512 Mb. I do quite a bit of complex 3d parts and was curious what everyone else is running and if more memory would help with crashes and processing time.

Quadro FX 500

Mill L3 MR2

2.8GHz

4 GB on the new one. 2 GB on the old one...never ran into a toolpath Mastercam wouldn't process with the old one. 2 GB is plenty for MC in my opinion.

Other software had issues as the size and complexity grew with the old one though.

Graphics on large solids gets some lag, but the RAM doesn't make much difference on those.

I run a gig at home and 2 gigs at work.

I really need to upgrade the home machine to 2 gigs.

I can't imagine performance on anything but ultra simple work would be any good on 512k

Simple wire frame and flat 2D stuff might be ok but even moderately complicated wireframe, surfaces and solids would be kill that machines performance and quick too.