Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

haas trunnion 5 axis post

BIGBAMMBINO

Depends on what you call expensive. With all the problems that can come with being new to 5 axis the price of the CNC suppied post will be one great deal. Being new to 5 axis machine, New to 5 axis programming in Mastercan and not being sure about your post is a no win situation.

Camaix also has a nice post I used with the VF2/160. It has a simulator that comes with to verify the code. Now that is a bit pricey but it allowed us to hit the ground running with a new 5 axis.

quote:

Before my company spent the money for the 5 axis post

Thats cheap as* company in my opinion. Spend the big cake on a 5 axis machine and then skimp of the post to make it work properly.

Cheap, short sighted and ignorant in my view.

1/2 mil on a 5 axis miller and several k for a post is with held, that is just plain old STUPID!!!!!

I'm doing some work for a company that spent big bucks on a custom multiaxis post.

Everytime I talked to the owner he told what a POS the post was and how badly his dealer had ripped him off.

I found this hard to believe as I am familiar with the post and the people he's dealing with.

It turned out his old programmer had no clue how to program multiaxis work.

He was rotating his geometry, doing all his cuts in Top plane and pasting all the gcode together

by hand.

It took a lot or programing time and a lot of troubleshooting time at the machine to get good parts. Of course the programmer was blaming this all on the "POS" post. rolleyes.gif