Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mc7 to x2 ??????

35K chipper

Now the rest of the story! these mc7 files are working files. we get 2 to 5 uprevs. per day. so we grab the mc7 file while in mc10 mr2 up rev it, make the geo. adjustments, rengrave, post in mc10 mr2, and send it to the shop floor. take the old mc7 down rev and archive it done. why did cnc remove the ability to read mc7 files from the new mcx2? i need this function in mcx2!!!!!!!!!! mass translation is not an option. the current way is double the work. mc7 to mc10 mr2 to mcx2 banghead.gif

thanks again

35k chipper

Guys,

I know you have a lot of work done but how far realistically how far back are they supposed to go????

I think anything done in V7 could be upgraded and likely done better in X2.

I cannot think of another piece of software that supports more than a few, V8 - X, is a few, versions back.

IMO, if you guys get stuck with files THAT old and have not at any point spent a moment to update them through ALL of the releases since, that's your fault.

:flame suit on:

I guess I'm missing something, what is the difference between:

1. opening a mc7 file every other day - editing in X MR2 - reposting in X MR2

and

2. mass update to X, every other day opening the X file - edit - repost?

Doing the mass update still gives you access to the geometry AND toolpaths.

Personally I'd like to see a mc7 file converter in X2, just for convenience if nothing else. Actually, I'd like it if all softwares would allow us to open all of the previous versions. But, I suppose for support reasons, they just don't.

JM2C

I not asking cnc to support old versions of there software. i just want to read the mc7 file. the sunset chart say mc7 is updateable to x2. it also says mc7 is not supported in x. i think cnc needs to define what is ment by the terms support, updateable, and what is readable.

"dance with the one that brung ya"

35k chipper