Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x2 and widescreen monitor?

andrewgore

Just setup a new computer at the shop here with a samsung 205bw syncmaster widescreen flat panel monitor. I've tried all different settings for resolution and different nvidia settings, but can't seem to make circles look like circles. Everything is squished. Any suggestion for fixing this? Thanks

Andrew

From what I found in the search, it only gave a few reccomendeded resolutions. I would use them, but those resolutions are unavailable in our setup.

Video card being used is Nvidia gforce 6600 gt 512mb ram. Latest nvidia drivers.

monitor is samsung syncmaster 205bw with latest drivers.

It appears that it isn't really recognizing it is a widescreen monitor...which is rather weird. back to toying around with more driver info and whatnot.

If it's a widescreen then the ratio is 16 to 9. Do the math on your resolutions and chose one that fits.

My boss had this same problem on a 21" flat CRT. Those are 4 to 3 ratio. Thus his 1280 X 1024 was making circles look oval. I showed him the 1280 X 960 which is 4 to 3 ratio and circles became round.

Yeah, the resolution that should work out for it (1600x900) works, but you have to scroll a bit to the side to see all of the screen, kinda like its running a text scroller type thing. I might not be using a big enough hammer on it wink.gif

ANdrew

edit. only thing I can think of is that i'm using the digital cable instead of the analog cable. I'll see if that'll get it to work.

I had the same problem last week whe I got my new monitor. I could swear my circles were not round, but then I got out a scale, drew a circle and low and behold, it was round. It was just an optical illusion. After looking at mastercam for so many years on a 4:3 screen it just looked out of round for me in a widescreen window. After a week it still sometimes looks out of round, but for the most part now it looks right.

David