Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 NOT STABLE!?

Jeff2005

I am having trouble with X2 locking up for no apparent reason, I will be right in the middle of drawing something simple then all of a sudden it locks up, and I have to ctl+alt+del out of it which makes it very annoying.

has any one else had this trouble?

thanks Jeff

I've noticed (like others have mentioned in another thread) that the computer seems to slow down after running X2 for a while. It takes longer for the backplot window to come up, it takes longer for the parameters dialog box to open up, etc.

I haven't experienced any of your problems.

Thad

quote:

I will hit the save button and it will give me a "write error", but when I do a "save as" its fine.

If you have the "save a bitmap" option turned on,

try turning it off.

Personally, I've found X2 to be rock solid on both my home machine and 3 machines at work.

[ 11-03-2006, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Pretty stable at my shop...After I got over a couple little stumbling blocks. I have had a crash or two. Updated the vid drivers and that seems to have taken care of that.

My biggest thing has been getting my machine def's put together properly, now all's well.

We be all happy an stuff in X2 land. I think I got a new programmer commin Monday for an interview. I done told him we have a soft serve ice cream machine. I mean...What else could he want?? biggrin.gif

ok im scrathcing my head on this one as well guys cause I had more problems with X than X2...the only time X2 got a crash was when i saved as a stl file then right after i saved as an iges file then again as a parasolid to a folder that i was sending to a customer

Other than that one instance i have to admit its been rock solid here.

I thinks Thad's sticky should include operating system as well as video cards and hell through in the monitor as well wink.gif

Peter,

what video card are you running??

If turning down hardware acceleration is preventing crashes, I'd first uninstall the video drivers then reinstall using the latestes version.

If that doesn't help, I'd look at buying a different video card.

In my view, turning down hardware acceraltion is

only a diagnostic tool. The performace hit is too

hard to be acceptable for day to day use.

The 'Include a bitmap in file when saving" option

in System Config/Files has caused people an awful lot of grief. It is the first thing I turn off

when setup up a Mastercam system. The pretty little preview picture is not worth the potential

trouble.

Basically, the video card caputures a screen shot

and includes it in the file save proccess.

If it hangs during the proccess, X can crash

or even worse, overwrite your filename with nothing, destroying your file. This is the infamous "0 byte crash" that has plauged Mastercamer's for sevreral releases.

Ok, it just did the little file thingy. First I opened a file, then saved it as blahblah-OP2. At that point it gave me an "error writing to disk" warning. But it still created the file. Then I went to open up blahblah-OP1, and it said "Corrupt or Invalid File". WTF! But then I tried opening it again, and it opened.

quote:

Then I went to open up blahblah-OP1, and it said "Corrupt or Invalid File". WTF

Are you opening from File/open or double clicking

a file in an Explorer window?

If you're doing it in File/Open make sure the file type drop down says *.MCX