Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x2 hang up

Dazz

Hi guys has anyone had any problems with x2 struggling to open large or complex models where x would not have a problem.if i can get the file open and into wire frame things seem to operate more fluid.trying to generate a toolpath or just resaving the file is nearly imposible. i thought it maybe a graphics issue but as i say mcx doesn't have a problem. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I seem to recall a couple of guys who installed X2 without .NET Frameowrk 2.0. They were very unhappy with the performance they were getting.

I did a search for thier posts but came up empty,

so maybe I'm mistaken. At any rate, it only takes a second to check, its either installed or it isn't.

I have noticed that solids are hanging up real bad when importing into X2. Some wont come in at all, and when changing surfaces to solids it just pukes. Task manager locks up at 100 % and I have to just close the file and try something else. These are files that would open fine with the MR2 release and now I have to dump the shading down to wireframe just to save them.

Any suggestions related to this would be apprecitated; thanks all

quote:

solids are hanging up real bad

are these solids "no history" bricks, or built in Mastercam solids?

I've got a file (filesize=68 meg) I did in V9 a couple of years ago. Its a 5X part the size of a large rowboat with over 200 5axis pockets. The file also contains about 20 other solids. (stock, clamps etc) . They are all "no history" bricks and the file opens about the same in V9, X_MR2, or X2.

I don't have many "built in Mastercam" solids as I do 95% of design work in SolidWorks and import them into Mastercam. I've had no trouble at all with this kind of solid.

gcode:

Solids direct from SolidWorks,through the MCam direct. Also just importing them from the network as a solid seems to tie things up.

In particular several files with multiple solids,ie fixture, part, machine table etc.

Still using 06 Solidworks, I wonder if this has an effect on it.

Didnt have the same issues with MR2, I have a library of my components and X2 wants to crash when bringing in some, but not all, of those components.

Thanks for the input.

Nope. Didnt work either Todd.

I think I found the culprit file though. Its one of my machine tables. I put it up on the .ftp McX2 files/VF10 table if anyone wants to take a look at it. It doesnt want to shade and its the only feature all of my problem files have in common.

Worst case I guess I can redraw it and try again.

Kelly, does your network login profile have restricted rights?

I've always run Mastercam with Admin rights, but

that's not allowed at my day job. I had Power

User rights and everything was OK. Last week, IT

discovered I was running a Power User profile and had a fit. IT didn't even want to give me rights

to write to the C drive eek.gif

Anyway, they have drastically restricted my read/write privleges and it has causes me all sorts of trouble which is being worked out on an

issue by issue basis.

I'm wondrering if you could be having a similar issue with read/write privleges to your network??

quote:

Convert the surfaces to solids

I didn't even notice it was surfaces. Why didn't you bring it in as a solid brick in the first place?

edit: it converted from surface to solid in less than a second.

saved the solid as a new name. the new file opens in less than a second and shades or unshades instantly