Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam Art

JDowe

Try using the "Create New Base Surface from Image". Just remember the quality on the screen is controlled on the 2nd parameter tab. Setting the value higher will result in a better screen image BUT, it will also affect the system performance in moving the image around, etc. The part will cut OK even if the image you see isn't as high quality as you imagine.

Also if you are using a Color photo I suggest if you can to take it into photo software and change the color resolutions from like 32bit to 16 bit or try changing to some sort of grey scale this will get you better detail.

You can actually control some image by these means prior to bringing the image in.

• Like 1
  • 10 years later...

In the end , bottom line

You have to be an artist , there isn't s magic wand in MC , Delcam art or Bob art.

I pulled off fish and birds

but " Hair " of any sort etc. omg

Ain't happening 

The guy at the imts that knock's it out of the park says oh yeah I'm an artist .

Classic :

owner buy' s art and tells You

The guy said all ya gotta do is....lol

It can be done but....

1 hour ago, Watcher said:

By the way:

Is Mastercam Art an active, still developed/maintained add-on? 

There is a Mastercam Art option available in the full MC2018 install package, so I would say yes it's still maintained

Whether it's getting any new development or not, I have no idea