Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Disapearing geometry

Cuda84

Has anyone had this happen to them. I did a search and found nothing relavent.

Creating High speed scalop toolpaths. Have about 35 done. Save and open a different file. When I reture to the original file, everything looks good while opening, then at the very end all geometry disapears. Screen statistics say everything is there. Toolpaths are all OK, no dirty operations. Cannot see toolpaths or geometry. Tried a bunch of sugestions from my resellers tech. support, nothing helps.

I have been useing the backup utility, so I had a copy that only had 33 operations that opened fine. Lucky me. confused.gif

What does the dynamic scale show in the lower right corner of the screen? if it shows >1000000,

then you probably have an entitiy that was created way out in 3D space. If you have a point that is at X600000.0 Y0 Z0 and the rest of your geometry is at the origin, then it will look like there is no geometry when you do a fit screen.

Try this:

First, Run Ram Saver.

On a new level create a point at 0,0 and 1,1.

Turn off the visibility of all other levels. Do a fit screen. You should see your points show up. Now turn on the rest of the levels and unzoom by .8 until your geometry is visible. Now set your selection mode to window and set the selection option to "outside". Window your geometry and it should select everything outside of your part geometry. If there is something outside your window the "unselect all" button will be highlighted (looks like an anti sign). Now hit delete and it will delete your piece of geometry that is floating out in space somewhere. Hopefully this is your problem, and not something worse.

HTH,

Pete,

I was creating toolpaths as mentioned above. Someone requested an IGS file of another part I had worked on. So I saved my part and opened the other. (still just 1 MC open) Made my IGS file, then reopened the original part. While opening you can see the geometry appearing on the screen. Loads my toolpath data, then restores groups. Sometime after restoring groups everything disapears. I have noticed that every time I open a file, the last thing it dose is reset the view to top (I think it's top anyway), this is only in X2, and I think this is when it happens.

I will put the file on the FTP anyway. Incase anyone wants to give it a try.

File name is: MAZDA_J61J_DASH_CF_111606.Z2G cool.gif

I do feel a little stupid. But in my favor, my reseller has had this file since yesterday afternoon. Haven't heard from them yet. If you do a fit to screen you still get nothing. Hit the view button then fit to screen you can see the part. Just have to wake me up. bonk.gif

Had the same problem today. The toolpaths were fine, but a surface I created seemed to disappear. When I tried to shade it......no shade, when I turned off shading it was there, but I couldn't highlight it. Created another surface at the same location.......it wouldn't show. Exit Mastercam completly, and it came back. Kinda strange, hopefully your same problem.

I ran a advance class today, created a High speed path area clearance with a containment boundary.Copy the toolpath, changed the parameters to a restmill.Regen, ok.

Did not like what I saw so I sketch a new rectangle over where I want the new boundary,open up the parameters of the copied high speed path, tried to re-chain the containment boundary and it disappears???(the newly created boundary)

I tried this two or three times.

Closing the parameters, hit the undo and redo my new containment boundary re-appears??

I delete the toolpath, create and new boundary, start the toolpath all over again, then I have no problem.

It would not let me re-assign a new boundary while the old toolpath was still intact??