Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

communications error revisited

Chris Rizzo

3 bad installs? I'm doing a full clean install on a new pc right now, so we'll see. Talked to my dealer, and apparently this problem rears it's head occasionally. They also are looking into it.

where do you mean turn fifo off? in the com port settings? beacuse it's on by default, and I have never changed any settings in the port previously.

thx

Uncheck the "Use FIFO buffers" in the COM port advanced settings.

Leave "FIFO buffer on" sometimes works fine, more times will not, especially if you do drip feeding. It's a good thing to turn it off. I've hooked up hundreds of machines via RS-232. One of the first thing I do at a installation is to turn off "FIFO buffers" on all COM ports.

I prefer to use CIMCO Edit or DNC-Max to do RS-232 transfers. You can download a demo version from their web site if you are interested (http://www.cimco-software.com).

Gota run, stones are coming my way... smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Eric,

In Mastercam Editor, under "Tools" --> "Options" --> "Communications", select the correct xml file as the "Default Machine".

Then, click on "Communications" on the main menu --> "Configure" and change the bauderate on the "Port" page.

By the way, after you unchecked "FIFO" buffer, be sure to restart the PC.

Have a great holiday,

Ying.

yes and no. Most computers have the latest x2 and v9, and nothing else. My laptop has v9, xmr2, x2, and beta. They all perform identically. I do have a reply from someone at cnc regarding this general issue... I'll post his recommendation mid-next week when I'm back from vacation (and have the email in front of me!).

thanks, happy holidays

p.s. where you been Rick?