Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Suggestion for future releases

Cannon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildcat99

Sorry didn't mean to sound like pr!@k. Everyone keeps saying you can do it this way, but it's all backwards. (pick the operation, view geometry)

Roger

I never thought of that. just tried it. Did you ever backplot 150 operations? I think I will have to stick with the way I am doing it for now.

Thanks for the imput, to everyone. cheers.gif

Yes, I've backplotted over 600 operations, and it actually doesn't matter how many, it is the size of the files. I've had 10 operations take longer to display than 500 from another file. It just depends on what your toolpaths are. You do not have to actually backplot them. Just turn "trace mode" on, then you can select the tool movement your interested in.

This is what you are looking for, show me the toolpath, let me click on the toolpath, show me the operation that the tool motion is associated with.

HTH

Unless I have a bug here:

Dirty opps should only be recognized that

something changed, path should always exist,

always be postable, never turn to '0',k.

I should not have to pick only the sufaces

of each path to keep it clean.

clean and diry paths co-exist especially if my

model changes and only affects a few paths.

The option to regen should never affect the path.

Locking paths help some things..but

Am I the only one affected by this?

Or am I still too much of a Rookie?

RMS

Roger

Yes it works. It gives me what I want. But I guse my file that I tried is just to big. My file is over 25 megs before I make 1 toolpath. I have been splitting the file in half, size wise, and still end up with 2) 100 meg files. (I do certian toolpaths in 1 file then I do a, save as, and wipe all toolpaths, and finish my toolpaths in the other) If I don't do this my files are just too slow. confused.gif

New computer = pulling teeth from Trex

I think my problem might be quality + quantity. The file I am working on now while not as big as the last is much slower. Original data from Catia, not sure if it was translated thru UG or Powershape. Powershape translations make very bad data. Powershape modeling s@#ks, this being only my opinion. We have 4 seats of Powershape/Powermill. They can do a good job on their own, but when they give me models to machine it's always a headach.

Catia translator for MasterCam = taking a nap in Trex's mouth.

Although I am pushing for it. Maybe in another year or two.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif