Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Suggestion for future releases

Cannon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I'd also like to see the Mastercam Editor recognize .EIA as a file extension.

Tools Tab/Options/Editor Tab/ and look for "extensions to recognize as NC code", here you can key in other extensions and also set as a defalult if you wish. Is this what you are looking for?

quote:

Yes, some way to identify an operation from the grafics screen

Have you tried right click on the OP manager Display options. Operation comments, if you add comments they will show in the op manager.

quote:

I'd like to be able to pick a pc of geometry and have to operation expand or highlight in some manner. This would be a great addition for long programs

as far as highlighting,cant you do this already in the op. manager by toggleing on the only dispay selected operations if i understand you correctly.

John

-----------------------------------------------

Have you tried right click on the OP manager Display options. Operation comments, if you add comments they will show in the op manager.

-----------------------------------------------

I am not following.

I would like to be able to pick an operation on the screen and have the operation on the ops. manager highlight. headscratch.gif

I use comments on every toolpath also. Don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I click twice on an operation to change the comments all I get is the dull yellow highlight box and it won't let you change the text.

It only works if I stretch the toolpath manager window or move the slider at the bottom to where you can see the end of the comments.

quote:

I would like to be able to pick an operation on the screen and have the operation on the ops. manager highlight.

Not exactly what you're after, but you can right-click in the toolpath manager, Display Options and check the boxes under Highlight Geometry.

Then you can click on an operation and it will highlight all the geometry used in that toolpath whatever color you choose. HTH

Quite a few of these requests you can already do, and for the most part have been able to do for years and years. I'm pointing this out to ask if people have searched the help files? If you have and it does not point you in the right direction we need to send this in to CNC Software so the help files can be modified a little.

quote:

I'd like to be able to pick a pc of geometry and have to operation expand or highlight in some manner. This would be a great addition for long programs

this exact thing is possible, as are several other options for corrolating geometry to operations. Right click - select - geometry.

quote:

wouldn't it be nice to be able to select your main level from the status bar? What is the drop down button beside the levels button for anyway?

you can enter the main level # in the status bar, just type the # in. the drop down is the recently used levels.

jdowe, quite a few of yours are already available, like saving a nest so you can access it again, etc...

[ 12-19-2006, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Roger Peterson ]

Wildcat99

I don't think anyone understands what I want.

150 operations visable on the screen, you see one that dose not look right. How do you determine which operation, in the ops. manager is the one you want to change?

Currently I have to turn off all toolpaths. Highlight 10 at a time and turn them on, until the one I am looking for turns on. Then I have to sort thru the 10 operations to find the one I want.

There should be an easier way. If anyone knows please explain. So far I have not heard anything useful.

Cuda84

Click on the only display selected toolpaths button.

select first op only.

use the arrow key to step through all your ops until the one you want shows.

I'd like to have change NC filename, change program number, renumber tools and renumber tool offsets all in one dialog box so they can all be changed at once