Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post help - Need to use variable for D# in comp.

Bruce Caulley

7 minutes ago, riverhunter said:

Bringing this old thread back to life.  My old handle was @dforsythe and i no longer have that email to retrieve it.  so I'm now @riverhunter some 15 years later and am now back on mastercam so I'm trying to duplicate something i did back in 2009.  looks like @Rob @ Target Machinehasnt been around lately so ill ask the rest of the group.

the code below works great for getting the code D#517.  my question is how do i do this for  tlngno$ so i can get G43 H#517.  the tlngno$ is buirred in the ptlchg_com so im not sure how to approch it.

I don't know if your planned usage is similar, if it is, I did this...alll of our H & D 3's are always output #51999

fmt  "D#" 4 maz_doff    #Mazak Pallet Tech Diameter offset number #added 02/10/2020
fmt  "H#" 4 maz_hoff    #Mazak Pallet Tech Height offset number   #added 02/10/2020 

and in the psof section

maz_doff = 51999  #modified 02/10/2020
 maz_hoff = 51999  #modified 02/10/2020

Then in the tool change section, I dumped the tool length variable and add the one I created

if use_rot_lock & cuttype = zero, prot_lock
      result = force(feed)  # Force output of feed next time it's called for output
      pbld, n$, sg43, maz_hoff, pfzout, pscool, e$

In the pccdia section...

pccdia          #Cutter Compensation
      #Force Dxx#
       if prv_cc_pos$ <> cc_pos$ & cc_pos$, prv_maz_doff = c9k  ##modified 02/10/2020
       sccomp
       if cc_pos$, maz_doff  

• Like 1
On 1/24/2024 at 10:36 AM, riverhunter said:

Bringing this old thread back to life.  My old handle was @dforsythe and i no longer have that email to retrieve it.  so I'm now @riverhunter some 15 years later and am now back on mastercam so I'm trying to duplicate something i did back in 2009.  looks like @Rob @ Target Machinehasnt been around lately so ill ask the rest of the group.

the code below works great for getting the code D#517.  my question is how do i do this for  tlngno$ so i can get G43 H#517.  the tlngno$ is buirred in the ptlchg_com so im not sure how to approch it.

#pbld, n$, "G43", *tlngno$, pfzout, scoolant, e$
pbld, n$, "G43", "H#517", pfzout, scoolant, e$  This forced it, but throws an exception error.  

Try this:

pbld, n$, "G43", "H", no_spc$, 35, no_spc$, "517", pfzout, e$

35 is the ascii code for "#". I know newer versions allow the use of the # sign, mine have been updated from versions that did not allow it. It works, so I never bothered changing.

• Like 1