Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do you run your changed post ?

cncfrank

Hey All: I'm sure there is a way, just having a hard time finding it. I opened a post, saved it as a different name, and now I want to run it, but am having a hard time figuring out how to get it in a machine control file. Could someone explain step by step, on how to edit a post, and be able to run it.

Thanks,

Frank

cheers.gif

If you go thru the Machine Def. click on the button at the top for the control def editor, then in the top left of the Control Def. there is a box that says POST PROCESSORS. Click on that, add your post, select it from the drop down list beside that button, save it, then hit the green check to bring you back to the Machine Def. Hit the green check in Machine Def, it will ask if you want to reload and you say yes and viola!

BTW: If you want to have multiple posts bound to one machine def (as I explained above, you'd likely have 2 posts bound to 1 machine def), you can enter the Machine Def, pull the drop down list for the post-processor and select whichever one you want. It will again ask for a re-load if you change this (after you hit the green check), you say yes and again, viola!

HTH