Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horizontal boring mill with “W” Axis

Is anybody programming a HBM with “W” axis out there? How do you handle the “W” axis part of it? I need to edit a post to support it on a Fanuc machine. Any samples or examples would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We have a couple of vertical gantries with a "W" axis. We used to have a W30. hardcoded into the post and the set-up man would modify it at the machine as needed. I tied it into the max travel output with an additional +20. Either will work for you.

We have a few HBM's here that also have the "W" thing going on. Ours are hard coded like John said at W-4 in the post. We also have a misc real set up so that we can change it if need be. We normally just leave it at -4 and let the operators take care of it though.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, gonna bring this back from the dead. I'm trying to get my TOS Horizontal boring mill to work with MC. I need to get the machine to move "W" to 0.0 after the tool change. I can't figure out how to do this with misc int/ values.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

Concord,

Are you talking about a Toshiba machine with Tosnuc control?

If so we use this line to retract both the W and the z axis: G73 Z[V1203] W[V1204]

V1203 and V1204 are the values specified in the controller for the reference point #1. V1204 is equal to 0.

Hope this helps,

Martin,

It's a TOS WHQ13 with 40 tool changer and Heidenhein TNC530 control.

I'm pretty green when it comes to post mods and such.

I had 1 guy for awhile that got a "W" move put in that works but I want to understand how he did it in case I need to make changes down the road.

Thanks