Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2MR1 lag?

spade117

I havent yet tried MR1 John but will do so as soon as I get a chance...I ddint see where it specified a fix for this issue and have not upgraded since everything is working great for me now except for the lag issue..lol..As far as processes go Im only running 35 ,.. thanks

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

upgraded to MR1

don't forget to add the MR1 service pak as well

Mastercam has not been able to isolate a specific

cause for the delay people complain about.

The bug list does not say

"Fixed lag", but they have been cleaning up the code wherever they can.

If MR1 lags less, you should find MR1-SP1 even better.

I should have noticed weeks ago that you were still running X2_SP1 frown.gif

Well after running with all updates now for three days I must say Im impressed.. I get the lag every great now and again.. I dont think it so much associated with X2 as it was before..think the occasional lag I get now is from running two windows of X2 at same time plus live streaming music..

• 3 weeks later...

I have X2 mr1 sp1.

My Mastercam still Lags when it's running all day. I often have to shut down Mastercam and restart it a few times a day to get the best performance. Some say the evil "Memory Leak" is the cause. Sometimes it also does weird things like certain functions don't work when I initiate them. After a Mastercam restart. It's all good again. Just this week I was trying to X-form something and it just refused.

I'm hoping MR2 will take care of it.

quote:

Sometimes it also does weird things like certain functions don't work when I initiate them. After a Mastercam restart. It's all good again.

I have the same problem here. Especially when importing/exporting operations from solids. Happens at least once a week. (can usually be heard saying WTF is goin on here?) restart usually clears it up.

quote:

Yup. I'm still getting the infamous white screen with any large files processing.

That is not the lag about which we have been trying to find a solution for, the white screen while processing large surface paths has been ever present for me when trying to do something else or causing the screen to need to refresh all the way back to V9