Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2MR1 lag?

spade117

quote:

The video is just not good enough now

My work computer has a $100 gaming card in it

(GeForce FX5200) running the latest GeForce drivers. Verify performance is very poor, but I

have no lag at all.

I am convinced this is caused by AV software

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gcode, my complaint is that after running mastercam for a couple hours, designing tools in my case, that the menus start slowing down. As i've said before, the colors box takes longer and longer to open as the colors scroll onto the screen, etc. You don't see any of this type of thing? It's like the memory slowly gets used up and not released.

MC9 and MCX2 have plagued me with lag. Ever since I installed MCX, MC9 and X lag. I'm getting tired of this! Welcome to my world! frown.gif

gcode,

Please, tell me what i can do. AV software?

System Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name xxxxxx

System Manufacturer Gateway

System Model E-6610D

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1866 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1866 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. LA97510J.15A.0045.2006.0711.1639, 7/11/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory C:WINDOWS

System Directory C:WINDOWSsystem32

Boot Device DeviceHarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2765 (xpsp.050928-1517)"

User Name xxxxxx

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 1.45 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 3.84 GB

Page File C:pagefile.sys

I get white screen syndrome also. One thing that I do which helps me to not have to reboot after a white screen is to end task and then run a freeware memory optimizer. The one I am using right now is called "SpeedItUp Extreme" stupid name but it helps.

G, I have no AV whatsoever installed on my work PC and I get terrible lag.

I am using a Quadro chipset....but it is 8X AGP...

quote:

Murlin, care to elaborate on this a little?

What is the FSB now 1066?

Now with quad cpu?

What happens when the FSB doubles and the system memory gets faster?

The video memory will also get faster...PCIE will soon be surpassed...heck I havent even got to try that yet...it requires a whole nuther mainboard, memory, well a whole nuther puter...

So my point was that when the hardware catches up to the software, we prol wont notice any lag.

Course I am on a 800 FSB sith PC 3200 3 gig cpu..

I am thinking this is just barely enough to do the job...

I feel like I am back on a 75 meghtz pentium when it comes to processing and rendering...

De Ja Vooooo....

I am having the lag issue after having Mastercam (SP1) open for a few hours working on something. Restart seems to help, but the current model I am working on has a lag all the time if the model is NOT shaded. (RMB, selecting, geometry rotation, color palette etc.) Have yet to see the white screen though. If I SHADE the model it works without lag, Solid model, about 17 MB. Seems totally backwards to me.

QuadroFX3450

Xeon Processor

3.6 Ghz, 4 GB RAM

I think if youve kept up with this thread from the begining you can easily assume that its not a hardware, driver, or software issue except that of X2 itself...Now that its been documented hopefulyl MC can fix it for us in the future releases...

LOL

I was just asked to price out a pc for MC for myself (mill) and transfer a lathe to my current pc, that's why your comment got my attention.

I'm torn between precision 390/490 and a regular dimension e520(but with a kick butt 20" wide-screen) headscratch.gif

quote:

The problem is that the operating system's increasing complexity is making it ever more difficult for enterprises to implement migrations, and impossible for Microsoft to release regular updates. This, in turn, stands in the way of Microsoft's efforts to push companies to subscription licensing.

Microsofts woes filter down the ladder me thinks...it's an inherent matrix flaw...

web page

quote:

I am having the lag issue after having Mastercam (SP1) open for a few hours working on something. Restart seems to help, but the current model I am working on has a lag all the time if the model is NOT shaded. (RMB, selecting, geometry rotation, color palette etc.) Have yet to see the white screen though. If I SHADE the model it works without lag, Solid model, about 17 MB. Seems totally backwards to me

I had the same problem with some imported models in X2. Need to dig them out and send to CNC software.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an interesting experience with the lag issue

this week.

My computer at work had virtually no lag at all.

It also had a very bad video card, an FX5200 AGP8X.

I upgradedg it this week with a XFX-7950 AGP8X.

Its a very hot 512mg gaming card. I also added a 2nd monitor.

After the upgrade, my video is much better, but the computer's got the lag everyone complains about.

It is really bad with the high speed toolpaths, taking 3 or 4 seconds to open a HS OP after I click parameters.

I've often wondered about the Quadro cards. I have a FX 5200 at home with dual monitors and MC performs perfectly. I have a high end Quadro here at work and often have video issues. I'm currently building my own PC for home that has an FX 8800 GTS card and the CPU will be an overclocked Core 2 duo up to about 3.2-3.8 Gig speed and it will be interesting to see the time it gets on the benchmark file.

I have seen this "lag" you speak of, but do not have it at all on any of our pc's here. The pc that had the lag was quite similar to one right next to it that did not have it. Unfortunately I did not get to investigate other than they were both running X2mr1sp1 and they both had quadro 2500 video cards, I do not know who made the nvidia cards or if they were different. I did not get to check anything else.

Very strange...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I dont mean to keep beating a dead horse on this issue here but I have gotten busy as hell in recent weeks and I cant get a thing done. Every time I go to do something X2 freezes up.. Is anything being done about this issue >?? any insight on to when we might see a fix..

I bought a new Dell workstation from the

Dell outlet store a couple of weeks ago

See the benchmark thread for details.

Its running Win XP Pro x64 and my usual firewall

,Zone Alarm does not support x64

I'm trying Outpost Pro and have defined mastercam.exe as a trusted application.

Everything mastercam.exe does is ignored by the firewall.

High Speed tool paths take about 1 sec to open when I click parameters.

All other operations open instantly... absolutely

no lag at all

quote:

All other operations open instantly... absolutely

no lag at al

I was beginning to suspect it was a hardware issue...

With the faster hardware, faster memory, especially faster video like the one you have G, lag will go away...

I mean MC checking to make sure the user is leagal 50,000 per min has to slow things down biggrin.gif

Takes alot of power to do that..

The new generation chips are hitting the market this month...

Everyone should see the prices dropping on the primo hardware like you have pretty soon...

I am glad I didn't just run out like I normally do and build the fastest one I could build when PCIE came out....

I ought to be able to build a really nice Xeon dual core server on the cheap by the end of the year.... cheers.gif

Even though my mouth is watering for the Quads... biggrin.gif

Just having the 6400 memory has to be a huge bump in performance...

Maybe the 8400 memory will be cheaper then too...

Well a new system is out of the question for me.. We just purchased a new Mastercam configured certified what have you machine from Dell a year ago.I know the owner of the company isnt gonna want to spend another 2500 on a new computer this soon.. So my only hope is for mastercam to send a fix..

Murlin if what you say is true on the legality checking of the mastercam being uses.. all I can say is 50,000 is a lil bit ridiculious.. start up and shut down checks >> isnt that sufficent enough..

[ 07-06-2007, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: sr_7626@natl ]

Awww dude I was just being dramatic...

I have no idea how many times it checks in X....

I did a binary check on some other software one time years ago and could record how many times it looked, and from that test, I assume that any software that is worried about it's user being legal, is checking all the time...I think it was that test is where I came up with the 50k...

Fact is that the kernal these days does alot more than it use to and everything takes it's toll, even security.

Faster hardware make it moot...

We all just got caught in the middle again... biggrin.gif

Hello All,

I read through most of the posts on this thread and can't see anyone mentioning DEFRAGMENT.

Mastercam has always played havoc with files and I find that upon defragging file open etc work much faster.

HTH.

Defragment offers no fix to this problem..Nor do any disk utilities I have tried.. Its in the code itself.. Mastercam needs to chime in on this issue. They are aware of the problem so why not offer some insight on what theyre doing to fix it.. Sorry for the rant but this problem has been going on way to long..

Rick,

Have you tried MR1? Duh, my bad, I see you're running SP1

I have not experienced it since the release of MR1.

I know some are saying they still have it, which leads me to believe it's more than one thing contributing to it.

When you CTRL + ALT +DEL and click on the task manager and processes.

How many processes are running on your computer?

quote:

Defragment offers no fix to this problem

BTW, I agree. I run DiskKeeper on a regular scheduled basis and this was never the issue for me.