Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2MR1 lag?

spade117

I mentioned this in another post, but thought it might be better to have it's own thread.

I have said in the past how X2 ran slow...X2MR1 does also. Is there still no way around this?

I still have XMR2 on my computer, and have used this because of the lag that I encounter with X2. Could having this on the computer have an effect on how X2 runs?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should not. I will say if running XP and have all the bells and whistles on it really make the systems take a hit. I have turned this off and notice a big improvement in the way my computer and Mastercam runs.

With that said I also only have one directory now with only X2MR1 installed and nothing else not even V9 on my computer at home and at work.

HTH

Nothing has yet to improve it.

I've tried running only X2 with no other applications on and that doesn't help.

All versions of X2 have had this lag. None of the older versions had this problem.

I was wondering if having XMR1 also on the computer could be the reason.

RAMsaver does nothing for me.

Shut down and restart seems to clear it for awhile.

This is just how it's been,

Old work box, new work box, home box.....

Spade

quote:

I was wondering if having XMR1 also on the computer could be the reason.

I don't have MR1 on this box, still does it, just had to shut it down a half hour ago because of response time lag

Chris,

I see these slow downs if I am doing simple 2D wire frame. The longer X is open the worse it gets. Heck if X2 is open but minimized for a while, when I open a file it bogs immediately.

It's a memory bleed I suspect but where.

I have been rather amazed more people don't see it.

I have it, but I figured it was something inherent with mastercam. Which I guess it would be if it is a problem that came with mastercam. Hopefully it gets fixed because it is a real pain in the arse having to wait for even a right mouse click (up to 2-3 seconds).

quote:

slow downs if I am doing simple 2D wire frame

+1

restarting mastercam always fixes it...

another thing, when copying a lot of toolpaths between machine groups copy function will stop to work after a while, restarting fixes it also... headscratch.gif

I have attributed the slowdown to the more complex high speed toolpaths. By nature, they are doing a lot more calculations than a standard toolpath. With all of the lead ins, filleting and transitions, it just takes longer to generate, but you definetly get a better toolpath. For our shop that is go, go, go, it is killing us. I would say we have experienced about a 20% decrease in productivity. Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future.

I'm going to assume that everyone complaining about MR1 lagging has turned off the Windows eyecandy. If not, do so. That is the first thing that should be done to any Cad/Cam computer, no matter what software you're running.

Rightclick/My Computer

Properties

Advanced

Performance

Settings

Adjust for Best performance

Apply.

You'll be surprised how much this helps all your

applications

Mastercam gradient backgrounds also require more

horsepower than a solid background.

I like gradient backgrounds and use them, but if

you computer is dragging this is one more tweak

to help speed things up.

g,

none of the suggested has helped what I see at all.

I have it all turned off and have had for quite some time.

There is a definite drag on the system after it's been open for awhile.

Prosin molds, what we are talking about is not toolpath generation has been discussed and beaten up pretty well by myself and others in the past, yes the HS toolpaths in many cases take far to long to generate.

This is about performance and how when you move your mouse and try to click on things it literally takes seconds to happen, the refresh as menus get opened is slow and cumbersome, you have to be very careful doing things in the OP manager and you can drag and drop things into different places easily if you are moving quickly and "miss" that you clicked the mouse on the way up the tree.

[ 04-04-2007, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: John Paris @ NAI ]

I agree John Mastercam boggs down after running it for a period of time.

I find a complete shut down of Mastercam and a restart fixes this.

Just today I had MC open for 3 hours and I noticed it getting slower. I save when I see this, because more times than not it will crash or lock.

I had a HS rest toolpath I removed 1 surfaces from it regen and I get an error no cut found.

Restart MC remove surface regen done. confused.gif

The ops manager slows down too like you said and cutting,copying,and pasting is dangerous.

quote:

Hopefully it gets fixed because it is a real pain in the arse having to wait for even a right mouse click (up to 2-3 seconds).

quote:

This is about performance and how when you move your mouse and try to click on things it literally takes seconds to happen, the refresh as menus get opened is slow and cumbersome,

Exactly!

I am positive its a memory leak, and I have been saying so since X came out, but have not seen one reply from anyone at CNC to disprove it. I keep hoping that when the "next" patch comes out that they secretly fix it, but so far it is still there and no word from CNC that its something other than a memory leak.