Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drag and Select in X2

Nils N

This was a function from the old V9 days when you could hold down both mouse buttons and drag the cursor over lines, surfaces, etc and everything it past over would be selected. Can this be done in X2. It’s one of those things I miss from the “old days” Or is it just gone?

Thad I was doing just fine too until yesterday I really could have used it. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing it somewhere. Thanks.

Oh well! Maybe someone at Headquarters might read this and think it would be a nice function to have back. rolleyes.gif

On your general selection bar, Right next to the ALL and ONLY buttons there is a window with "In" in it. This window has a drop down button, select the "In+" in this window. This alows you to window geometry, it selects inside and crossing the window. Which I think is what you are looking for.

cheers.gif

There is a selection option called "vector"

Its the little arrow at the bottom of the selection drop down.

Click vector and start clicking and dragging.

The only thing I don't like is you have to hit "Enter" when you're done I'd like it better if

it could be closed by double clicking

The V9 feature that Nils is talking about is not a window selection. If you hold down both mouse button and wave the mouse around the screen, anything that the mouse touches gets selected. Kinda like a magic wand. biggrin.gif

Thad

Thank you Thad. I understand now. I could not stand V9, so I did not use it unless I needed it. I did not do a complete switch from my old software until X, so did not know all the tricks in 9. From the explination above it sounded like window + crossover was what he was looking for.

cheers.gif

All of those work solutions work but and I'm now using them and the new ones members have shared, but it's not the same as the old 'Magic Wand' as Thad called it. I'll keep going as I have without it. Just one of those old functions I miss. biggrin.gif

quote:

From the explination above it sounded like window + crossover was what he was looking for.

David,

It's all good, bro. cheers.gif

It worked great for deleting too. IIRC (it's been a while), you clicked Delete and then as you clicked on an entity, it disappeared right then. You didn't have to click OK like you do in X. When you had a bunch of really small surfaces or splines that weren't needed, you could use this method to delete hundreds of entities VERY quickly. It was like wiping an eraser across the screen. smile.gif

Thad