Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New WCS in V9

kccadcam

I have some minor confusion with the new WCS in V9. If I set a new WCS in the WCS manager it seems to override Tplane and Cplane. Is it supposed to do it all for you? If you change Tplane after setting WCS manager it seems to do strange things posting. confused.gif

The WCS is a big change, and nice addition; allowing you to keep the part in place and shift your "workspace" to the plane and have all views related to that plane.

What you may find confusing at first is the fact that any WCS has a system workplane "supporting" it.

[that is, a WCS cannot exist with a Cplane. Mastercam will automatically create a cplane to support any WCS you create].

I suggest you go to WCS and turn System views display: to None so only the WCS's you define are shown

(note: the active view will also be displayed no matter what, even if it's a system view with this switch off. Don't let that throw you.).

The easiest way to use the WCS is to just forget about Cplanes; use the WCS's instead and let the system create cplanes as it needs to support them.**

To define a new plane, click on WCS and then right click. Select Create and Select menu.

This brings up the same menu you'd see if you clicked on Cplane to define a new cplane.

I'll email you a file I got from CNC that explains the WCS in great detail.

I hope all this helps. Hang in there; once you understand how these are set up, they're really easy to work with (and very beneficial).

**I have to qualify this statement.... If you are doing simple geometry construction, and don't need to continually reference the view, then use cplane the way you always did. If you do everything as a wCS, your WCS list will get too cluttered.

[ 03-27-2002, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Charles Davis from San Diego CADCAM ]

This document is EXCELLENT!!!

I've been playing with work offsets in WCS and the stock MPFAN doesn't seem to kick out G54 but will do G55 G56.... should'nt it set to 0 in offsets???

Mastercam should print this Document out in their next newsletter.