Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 MR1 SP1

sharles

I've already contacted mc and been told they know that the create curve one edge is buggy, but it's so bad in MR1 (and sp1 didn't fix it!) that I'm stuck in plain old X2. Does anyone know how to intelligently get around this? Tonight I thought I'd try it again and do a create curve all edges and that still didn't work very well. I use these ALL the time.

Any suggestions so I can move up to X2 MR1 SP1? And why can't mc send out a fix for this? I like mc but when I had a problem in work nc, if they became aware of a glitch they'd send a fix for 1 glitch if necessary! smile.gif

gcode, we have a solids licens here, but most of the stuff we work on would be dificult to make into solids. He never mentioned a problem to me and I use the same thing every day and never had a problem. And yes we do have MoldPlus here. I use the MoldPlus to creat slices instead of the MCX creat curve slice.

headscratch.gif

I guess I need to talk to Dave on Monday! biggrin.gif

Maybe I just need a parameter set (or reset). I try to create an edge curve around a mounting hole and in mr1 I'm lucky to get 10% of the hole. I pretty much always work on surfaces, not solids. And I've never had this problem in any other version of X. But maybe a parameter got switched when I loaded X2 MR1. That happened to me in my backplot when I upgraded to X with my 5 axis toolpaths and it drove me crazy until someone from CNC said it was just a parameter setting (and it was. I had thought that was a bug, too. Though CNC said this IS a bug. But hopefully Dave can help me.)

[ 06-09-2007, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: sharles ]