Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

to CIMCO users

Goldorak

hi, my boss want to upgrade with CIMCO DNC-max and CIMCO edit

i already know thats is one of the best by searching this forum.

i only want arguments to convince him that is worth the money he puts in!!

i am running windows 2000pro sp4 and MC level 1 mr1 sp1

i know my windows is old rolleyes.gif

i want DNC cuz the memory of our machine is very limited (32k) and i always had to cut my gcode in half to get the job done correctly

I have had Cimco edit at 3 different shops and it is totally worth the money. The Editor Pro is not very expensive and for what it does, spend the coin.

I also have/had DNC Max 5 & NC-Base at two shops (including here) and they are a great combination system to have in place. We are in midst right now of getting the DNC installed (Wireless) but we have had the NC base for a long time and it compliments even just the editor for organization very well.

The DNC Max itself is a great tool in that if have limited memory you can drip feed your programs, or do straight transfers. Our machines have very little memory as well, so this I understand, specially when I am doing a mill program right now that will be bigger then the machines memory and our DNC is not yet hooked up...

As for it's functionality, at my last shop we worked with plastics alot, which can generate a lot of electromagnetic interferance on the tranfer system for the DNC, so we were forever fighting with sending and resending. But from people I know who run wireless (or even wired) in steel shops, no problems at all. Good quality software and equiptment.

If you need any other info, just give drop me an email.

HTH

I finially convinced my company to get it and now they see why we needed it. No matter the size of the program I can send it and all off them can be dnc at the same time if needed no switchs to switch from machine to machine to send a program any more or to wear out.

It's a great program easy to setup and easy to use.

cheers.gif

milling man i won't get wireless because we are next to a millitary airport and all radio frequency is affected (cell phone, wifi even FM and AM radio!)

the only bug we have to solve is DNC and OKUMA don't really match!! but it's always a solution wink.gif

okuma charge us 7000$ just to add memory (like 128k)per millings

it's ridiculus my cell phone have 2gig SD card for under 50$

^your damn right on that!!

if i only be capable to read the .min file directly from the floppy it will be great but this fonction seems to be locked inb the firmware of the machine

it's certainly extis a way to hack this function !!

i know that okuma replace the rs232 card to get DNC but the price is eek.gif

BTW noting is cheap on okumas !!!

i have been using cimco edit/dnc version5 for about 4 years now, no complaints. i have two mills that it runs and have had no problems. irun rs232 cable to both, and drip feeding large programs simotaneously with ease. the editor is user friendly and has a backplot that is a great tool to use for reference checks, for your operators. it is worth the money in my opinion. hope it helps.

If you bought DNC-B with the Okuma you should be able to drip feed; if not you're going to get whacked for a retrofit. That's the only real b!tch that I have with Okuma and it is theoretically a dead issue with the P control since it is supposed to have ''standard'' memory. As far as straight transfers go I have DNCMax with 30 machines connected of all makes, control types, and years and it is the cats a$$. We had 10 computers on the floor with ABCD boxes and some old DOS crap to transfer until about 2004; put in DNCMax and have been loving the stuff ever since. It works so well that you don't even know it is there.

C

i know i got to get DNC-B

right now i had the special fonction manual on my desk!!!

even our '04 mc-v4020b don't have it frown.gif

seems that my boss will spend a little more than expected

we ask a quote from our supplier just wait for the cost

i hope cuz it' hard to always stay under 32k mad.gif

quote:

yeah it is something the salesmen dont tell you.

It is cheaper to negotiate it in when purchasing the machine, field retros always cost more.

i know,

it's not me that ordered the machines so i have some useless option and don't have the good one!! banghead.gif

by now i have to fit a 6500 lines and 90k into a machine who can handle only 32k so the operator had to load and delete 3 programs per cycle

thats almost triple the cycle to cycle time cuckoo.gif

yep i also use FD0: on some machines but i dont find a way to read a file on the floppy disk

even with scheduled programming i can't load from floppy

on the mc-v4020 i have 512k of memory but i cant run files over 64k even in B-mtd

i had to run a .sdf to change files in buffer

the problems is the other machines (cadet 4020 ,2 mc-4va and vr-40)

I use both the Cimco editor and DNC-Max with my Okuma. (Which has DNC B option)and run molds that take 138 hrs from start to finish and have never had a problem with losing code.

Well worth the price since you can back plot your G code in the Cimco editor and see any post errors that might not be seen in mastercam verify.