Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Two sims on one system?

celadon

I have a quick question on this one.... Is there any way to use 2 hasps simaltaneously? We just got a hasp with verisurf and then have the Mcam hasp. I keep swapping them out when playing with our laser and making programs for the machines. I can see others using the verisurf hasp later on down the road, so I can't see them ever being combined into one hasp if that would even be an option. My best bet is having the IT dept get me a hub so I can swap them on my desk instead of climbing back where the puter is. Any suggestions? confused.gif

I am referring to two hasp's that have Mastercam on them with different options basically. The Verisurf one doesn't allow the cam, solids, lathe, extra converters, etc to open and the Mcam one obviously won't open Verisurf. I basically need one hasp to open X so I can program and the other one to open 9 (Verisurf). Any ideas other than the swaparoo? confused.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

To me, the ONLY reaso you would want to have Verisurf on a seperate SIM from your Milling is if the PC that will be dealing with it is a PC that will do ZERO Programming. If you're programming... bundle it (dealer-speak for putting several funstions on the same SIM, i.e. Mill LV3 + Lathe L1, Lathe L1 + Wire, Verisurf + Mill L#), etc...

Often it just makes sense. You get codes, and they should just pile onto of what is there if the developers did it right. biggrin.giftongue.gif