Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 MR2 & Direct X 10 video cards

BCW

Are they compatible? We just got a dell dimension 9200 with a NVIDIA 8600 GTS and we cant get mastercam to load properly. For instance:

When Rotating Dynamically it will scramble the display. (Kind of like the window blinds effect in photoshop)

When resizing or moving the main mastercam window it will black out the window and cause a error report screen to popup, and close mastercam.

With Disabling hardware acceleration turned off it seems to work ok, but is not acceptable due the the major performance decrees associated with it.

Also, we have a dual monitor seutup both running on dvi inputs if that matters.

Well we experienced the same problems with the dell installed driver out of the box, so we upgraded to the latest drivers at nvidia.com, unfortunately with the same results... Updated DirectX as well, no luck with that either.

I have an Nvidia 8800 GTS doing fine with the newest Nvidia drivers. However at first I had a problem when I'd try to backplot. The screen was doing some really weird sh** but it would rotate the part just fine. Using a free app. called CPU_Z I discovered that my PCI espress video card was running at 1x instead of 16x. I found the setting in the BIOS I needed to change. After CPU_Z said I was running at 16X, I could backplot 2 different 5 axis toolpaths on 2 21" CRTs simultainiusly.

So you might want to look at that and see if your card is running as fast as it should. It's on the Mainboard tab of CPU_Z 1.40.5. You don't have to be an administrator to use it. Download it here. http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

I would also look at the Nvidia display panel and see what kind of configuration options you have. Try looking for a "solidworks" profile if it is available.

There is also an option in the Settings - Configuration to use "Open GL" or "Direct X" for your display options. You might have to use Direct X.

HTH,

This is a gaming card. He won't have any option like that.

About all you ca do with that card is turn off

the front buffer on the Screen page of System Config... and dump the Dell video drivers.

I have never ever had Mastercam run right

with any video card and Dell drivers

Well I think we tried everything..

different drivers, updated directx, remove/reinstall multiple drivers, reinstall mastercam, front buffer settings, antialiasing setting, and it goes on.

The only thing that works is to disable hardware acceleration which really sucks since we just upgraded the computer in the first place to try getting mastercam to run better. Ugh.. I dont really want to just settle with something half-assed.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up on the subject, we got the problem figured out.

Things we did thinking it was the problem:

We changed video cards, swaped ram, reinstalled windows xp pro w/ all security updates, exchanged the computer with Dell, among other things.

The real problem:

Microsoft Elite Keyboard Model 1011 wireless keyboard and mouse. The newest drivers on their website was causing video related problems. We installed older drivers that were included on the disk when the keyboard was purchased and everything works like a charm. It not only affected Mastercam, but also any other OpenGL/Direct X rendering software as well.

Just for anyone that hits this post as a search result, in the future smile.gif