Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

compatible video cards

melliott6

That card will work fine.

The only question is will it be enough card for what you do for work?

A lot of people have gravitated towards the FX1500 and even the FX3450.

The FX1500 is a good card for the $$$

I have a Evga GeForce FX 8800GTS-320 and have backplotted 2 instances of a 5 axis toolpath on 2 21" Dell CRT simultainously with out any problem. So if the Quadro FX 3450 or 1500 are too expensive, that card is $270 sure thing.

It's funny but I have never had issues with MC and GeForce gaming cards. I have one PC right now with a GeForce 4400 that drives a 19" CRT and MC and Catia both work perfectly.

quote:

Bogus, do you have any idea if an SLI- dual card setup will improve things for us Open GL users, or it only good for gaming?

From what I have seen and read, no. sli has alot to do with detail and frame rates. for intense gaming it refreshes faster for a more realistic gaming experience. One test i saw showed an old agp quadro card out perform a new sli geforce on a cad benchmark. HTH

quote:

John, don't you prefer the Pilot?

I've got 2 Spaceballs, I have looked at the pilot and have considered it but until these are non-functional or usage restricted, I will likely keep them going.

Oh yeah.

It works with V9 as well but there are some rules you have to follow, it is compatible and designed to run in X, it wasn't designed for V9 but does function.

I wouldn't go to work without one

wink.gif

gcode,

When I am working with different toolplanes I use dynamic rotate to position my solid so I can easily select features to chain in toolpaths. Say I am working on the bottom of a part and I need a rotation move of A 180. Since my WCS is set to top and only my tool plane is rotated 180 if I select isometric view mastercam will give me an isometric view from the top plane. It would be nice to be able to get an isometric view of the bottom of the part still leaving WCS set to top and still getting the A rotation output I need. Would a space pilot make this possible or is there a way to do this with a regular mouse. Hope this makes sense.

Justin

Justin,

With a SpacePilot and a little practice, its just like holding the model in your hand.

You can roll zoom or pan the model any way you like with your left hand while your right hand

runs you mouse.

I know a few guys who use the cheaper Space Navigator and it works just like the Pilot, but without all the customizable buttons.