Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

M10 & M11

kenfromlodi

I am having problems when I post with two sequences of " M11;B0;M10;" at the start of each tool and only one of them actually works, the other stays "B0;" always.

It looks like the guy that was here before me did alot of tweaking on this post and the "slock, ulock" seem to have had a lot of code added, they also are the only problems.

I downloaded the MPMASTER and for some reason i cant get the rotation to come on in it either.

Is this something I do in my MMD?

Thanks for any help.

Im using X2 with all updates.

In the MPMaster there should be a switch to turn them on.

It is under the general output settings section

# General Output Settings

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

arctype$ : 2 #CD_VAR Arc center 1=abs, 2=St-Ctr, 3=Ctr-St, 4=unsigned inc.,

#5 = R no sign, 6 = R signed neg. over 180

hel_2100 : no$ #Acramatic 2100 style helical moves, 0=no, 1=yes

force_dpts : no$ #Force XY output on all drilling lines including cycle call?

haas_drill : 0 #Haas style peck drill, 0=no, 1=yes

wcstype : 2 #0 = G92 at start, 1 = G92 at toolchanges, 2 = G54, 3 = Off

force_wcs : yes$ #Force WCS output at every toolchange?

tool_table : 1 #Tool table, 0=no, 1=yes, 2=Predator VCNC, 3=MetaCut View

output_z : yes$ #Output Z Min and Z Max values (yes or no)

cool_zmove : yes$ #Coolant off with last move

use_pitch : 0 #0 = Use feed for tapping, 1 = Use pitch for tapping

tap_feed : 0 #0 = 2/1 (in/mm) decimal places, 1 = 4/3 (in/mm) decimal places

use_gear : 0 #Output gear selection code, 0=no, 1=yes

frdegstp : 10 #Step limit for rotary feed in deg/min

ret_on_indx : 0 #Machine home retract on rotary index moves, (0 = no, 1 = yes)

one_rev : 1 #Limit rotary indexing between 0 and 360? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)

lock_codes : 1 #Use rotary axis unlock/lock M-Codes? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)

rot_feed : 1 #Use calculated rotary feed values, (0 = no, 1 = yes)

frc_cinit : 1 #Force C axis reset at toolchange

ctol : 225 #Tolerance in deg. before rev flag changes

ixtol : 0.01 #Tolerance in deg. for index error

miscerror : 0 #Error out if Misc Values button is disabled, 0=no, 1=yes

tseqno : 0 #Output sequence number at toolchanges when omitseq = yes

#0=off, 1=seq numbers match toolchange number, 2=seq numbers match tool number

use_rotmcode : 0 #Output M-Code for Axis direction (sindx_mc)

#0 = Signed direction (only valid when rot_type = 1)

#1 = M-Code for direction

Just set the switch to 1 like mine.

Kevin C. smile.gif

In your MMD under the MILL TABLE GROUP do you have an HMC (or VMC) B Axis? This controls the rotation of the tables and if it's not there, theoretically you should get no B at all in the post outs.

Couple other thoughts would be are you programming the rotation the correct? All WCS's have to be from the TOP plane and the T/C plane must be a defined tool plane in order to get the rotation to work. If you have the WCS as 'FACE1' and T/C Plane 'FACE1' (just an example) the output will always be at B0. instead of giving you the rotation you are looking for.

The other thing is that I downloaded the MPMaster.pst a few days ago myself and have no problems with it right from the get go. The rotation direction was the wrong output for me, but that was just a simple change. Other then that, the rotations were all correct.

HTH

I turned the switch on prior to my posting the question but it did not enable the rotation.

My WCS is TOP and my t/c is FRONT.

My table is defined as HMC X-axis and HMC B-axis.

I am posting for a Mori SH-63 and it will only take one M-code per line, I am getting only one with my orginal post but it outputs twice.

I will try to post with my orginal MMD and the MPMASTER I downloaded instead of the new MMD i just downloaded with MPMASTER to see if I get different results.

at the bottom of this post is a small sample of how my code is looking when posted with my current post. the

M10(unlock)

B0.

M11(lock)

is the one that works. the first

M10

B0.

M11

does not ever change. How can I get rid of the first call out?

Any more thoughts on why MPMASTER is not working for me? any help will be greatly appreciated.

G00 G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90

(ROUGH OUTER PROFILE AVOIDING SHCS)

N100 G91 G30 Z0

G30 X0 Y0

G00 G90 G54

M11

B0.

M10

T105 M06 (.500 ENDMILL 3 FLUTE)

G00 G17 G20 G40 G49 G80 G90

G90 G54

M11 (UNLOCK)

B0.

M10 (LOCK)

G00 G90 G54 X-8.6461 Y-6.6644 S7500 M03

G43 H105 Z2. T38

Z.1

G01 Z-.1775 F10.

Looks like someone hard code the post. I would try a fresh install on MPMASTER. Then I say this is because you see remarks after the other M10 and M11 but not on the force out line that has M10 by itself. I think at some point someone hard coded something and if they did it using the call for the codes then everything is going to act weird for you.

HTH

yes the second sequence was hard coded in and i know how to modify the post pretty well but the funny thing is the first callout will not rotate.

so if i turn off the hard coded portion i get no rotation.

so at any rate i was trying to start with a new MPMASTER but was having rotation problems there also.

ill keep pluggin away at it till i find the problem. thanks guys.

Ken,

I had a similar problem when I first started using mpmaster for V9. If your first rotary position is A0 or B0 you will not get a rotation move unless you change some lines in the post. I assume it is the same for MCX. This is what I was told to change to force an A0 or B0 rotation move.

For the forced A, search for these lines in pheader:

code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

rot_on_x = 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

change to:

code:

sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

rot_on_x = 1

If you are using the new MPMaster post and STILL not seeing rotation, something in your planes setup is likely incorrect.

I'd want to see a file with your posts before I thought about changing anything in the post.

The MPMaster post is a terrific stating post and does post rotational angles properly right out of the box.

sorry I am just getting back to this thread, I really appreciate all the help.

I have my WCS set to top and my T/C plane is front and I did not try to rotate with the new MPMASTER but just saw that it will not put B0 which is where my part is in the front T/C plane(B0).

Will I see a B0 when I am at B0?

I think I should.

I had heard in the past somewhere (Likely from John, back in the day) that setting you t/c plane to a front/left or right is not good and MC gives issues with it in reguards to rotation. Why don't you try defining the 'front' view as a new plane. Then make sure your wcs is top and t/c is set to the plane you just defined.

Never know, that may solve a problem. And +1 to MPMaster.pst. I just got the newest one recenlty and changed a few things to make it the way I want and it works awesome. And that did include an M11 and M10 before and after the B output.