Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to enable bug2 in an MX2 post

bigjohn

G'day guys

I have two questions about post editing.

Q1 How do I turn on Bug2? I may be doing it all wrong but it's what I know.

I have this:

code:

fastmode$    : no$  #CD_VAR Enable Quick Post Processing, (set to no for debug)

bug1$ : 2 #0=No display, 1=Generic list box, 2=Editor

bug2$ : 30 #Append postline labels, non-zero is column position?

bug3$ : 0 #Append whatline number to each NC line?

bug4$ : 0 #Append NCI line number to each NC line?

whatno$ : yes$ #Do not perform whatline branches? (leave as yes)

linktolvar$ : 0 #Associate X tolerance variables to V9- variable?

linkplnvar$ : 0 #Associate X plane specific variables to V9- variable?

linklvar$ : 0 #Associate X lathe specific variables to V9- variable?

Do I need to do it from else where, too?

Q2. How do I get rid of line numbers in the nc file?

Thank you for any help.

John

Based on my limited post editing abilities, bug2 is a value that can be changed to space the labels differently. If fastmode is on, then it works. If fastmode is off, then it won't work. It's not a feature in itself.

If you change the number of bug2, you'll see that your label position changes. I'm guessing that you can't see the labels. If so, try a larger number. You labels may be "hidden" behind the posted code.

quote:

Do I need to do it from else where, too?

I *think* you also have to turn on fastmode in the control def (or machine def?).

Thad

G'day guys, I hope you are having one. Im not having a very good one.

I have done everything possible to this post and cannot get to enable the bug2. I must have buggered something in the configuration somewhere because I cannot get the line numbers right, not even as they were before I started. I'm I frustrated? GRRRR! I wnt to get only tool change numbrs and no other block numbers. I know it's not the post because I tested other posts and all do the same.

I have no idea how to continue.

John

What post are you using?

I'm not sure why you can't get debug to work.

Did you try replaceing the MD in your file after enableing the post degug info in the NC output section of the contro def?

As far as getting line numbers only on tool changes, you want to turn line numbering off in the control def. & then change an n$ to *n$ in the ptlchg (and posibly the ptlchg0) sections of your post.

HTH

Thanks for responding 3rd String.

I'm trying to modify a Generic Fanuc 2X Lathe.PST for an Ikegai lathe to run it on MCX2. When I started I had all the tool N numbers outputting correcly only needed to get rid of the sequence block numbers. I've tryed every combination possible and no change. Maybe the system is selecting the wrong post and it's not evident to me.

John

G'day ooley. I've tryed that already but cannot edit anything from machine nor control definitions. Apparently was locked somewhere. I'll keep trying next week. In the meantime, my mate, the owner, is reinstalling MCX2, (we could not get it back to default) I don’t blame him for not using it. And I'm reading little more about how to use machine and control definitions, in MCAMX2_RefGuide.pdf file.

By the time we get it set up there will be a couple of MC versions ahead of us hah, hah, hah.

Thank every one for the help. I thought it was easy or may be getting too old.

John

G'day all

Finally I configured the machine and control definition. One machine for now. I got rid of the seq. numbers and the debug is on, however iget an error when posting. Click on thambnail attached please:

th_26320_ERROR_122_848lo.JPG

If I click on OK it keeps going and complets the .nc file.

How do I fix it? Do I need to fix it?

Regards

John

I'd like to thank every one who helped me with this problem. I hope I wasn't a pain in the rear. I'll be working on a few postprocessors for a few weeks? Months?. I will probably be posting a lot.

My life changed from not knowing anything about MCX to coming out of retirement and enjoying it like a pig in you know what.

Thanks guys you are good. smile.gif

This thread can be closed now.

big old John