Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vista and mcam9.1

elraiis

quote:

thanks for the reply man but i didn't get it much.. whats v9 style and X style coolant? sorry i didn't catch up there...

I forget which which version exactly but I think it was X2, there are 2 coolant output methods.

Old V9 Style

X style

If you go settings >> machine def >> Edit General Machine Parameters >> Coolant Tab

coolant.png

Having that "Support coolant using coolant value in Post-Processor" is old V9 style coolant. This, if your post is older and updated to run in X will allow it to still use the old coolant setup that used to be. Like I said above if this is the method being used you have to default it to use by setting it up in your tool library.

quote:

is it vista? is it.....vista?

If you're running Vista you're likely going to have issues. There are guys here who claim they are running it and I don't doubt them, it just seems that MOST other people have nothing but headaches, so even as a reseller we are recommending people stick with XP Pro. If you bought a new system then that may mean buying an OEM copy of XP Pro for $120 and formatting and resetting the drive with XP. A dual Boot is also a possibility.

quote:

do u mean to say its doable but won't function properly type? who is generic driver?

If you go into Control Panel >> Add/Remove programs and search for the mouse driver, Logitech or what ever the maker of the mouse is, you can uninstall it and reboot and windows should then install the "standard" driver. I would only recommend this course if you are having problems that can not seem to be explained away. Weird crashing, for no apparent reason, some of this has been traced to 3rd party mouse drivers not playing well with Mastercam.

There is also a setting in Vista you can change that might improve any graphics problems you are having.

quote:

Right click on the X2 icon on the desk top, properties, compatability tab, check disable desk top composition.

I have one system here at home that I Am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit on and I refuse to even bother loading MCAM on it.

[ 11-18-2007, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: JParis@CNC Programming Solutions® ]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

wooo am amazed to say this but i never thought Microsoft will actually support an 'old' OS after having released a new one. In January SP3 for winXP is coming out guys.... if that means something it could only mean that VISTA was a catasrophy 'i don't think i spelled that correct'. anyhow thanks for all the help and i was gone for few weeks cause my friend got injured in the shop pray for him guys plz.. he didn't lose his finger but pretty much damaged it... wish him good luck he'll need it..