Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vista and mcam9.1

elraiis

quote:

i had to print a setup sheet for the setup guys in the shop and this thing was huge in X2. but it says its customizable...! by people with small knowledge such as myself or it means i'll need to contact captech and ask them to fix it the way i'd like to have the setup sheet?

Yes, if can not or don't have the time then asking some one to do it is what needs to be done for customization.

You might check out the In-House HTML sheet that is available as a trial on this site and reasonably price, contact your reseller for pricing from In-House.

or

Do a search for X+ there is a free chook available that might do what you are looking to as well.

on the "bubbly thing"

I wouldn't do WITHOUT one.

If you do 3D work, for only 2D it might be a little overkill, this thing ROCKS!!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... hey guys...what are you saying 2 and 3 monitors? i can't get myself more than the 17" am working on... and i have to ask... why 2 or 3? yes at times i do have about 5 different windows of MC running but not all at once i minimize and jump back and forth! biggrin.gif why not get a 60" plazma? wink.gif

heyyyyy... bubbly is what i called it cause i had no other name for it. biggrin.gif and i wasn't referring to the one ur using cadcam thats located to the left of your desk but the one to the right... left one is a little too expensive to look at wink.gif unless one day i learn the programming as much as u guys. tongue.gif but 450$ for a mouse.. headscratch.gif

hey do u guys actually designe using MCX or another software then convert? i had to ask sorry. smile.gif

hey guys... what difference is there between MCX and MCX2? i started the transition with X and today its being updated to X2... I thought i had X2 smile.gif but i guess its the MR2 or whatever.. is there a remarquable difference i should fear or the difference is in the higher lvls like multi axes and such? anyone knows please?

thanks

First accident in a machine took place with me today and thanks to X2. xxxx it. u know it updated my customized PST files from MC9!!! well.. i guess it does one **** up job when it updates those files, my drilling cycle is all screwed up upside down and for some milling operations as well... it looked mostly good but towards the end there.. it decided to BOOM. I'm to be blamed as well as the technician who showed me how to convert it who didn't point out that this new system could be catastrophical upon updating posts. curse.giffirebounce.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gif

quote:

First accident in a machine took place with me today and thanks to X2

Did you run all ops thru verify before running a part or review the code that was produced after posting before you went to the machine to run parts ? New PC,new software,updated posts would be enough for me to stop and check a few things. Like creating a simple drilling and milling op and post to review the code is right would be a safe way to make sure it's all good.

Lars,

It's like having a bigger desk to spread your work out on. I generally have my MC graphics window on the left screen, and all of the other MC windows (Ops manager, levels, ribbon bar, toolpath parameters etc.) on the right on top of my email. When I'm working from a PDF print I put that up on the right so I don't have to tab between them. When I'm tweaking code I'll have PFE32 on the left and NCPlot on the right, which gives me room to have several programs/subs open at once to cut/paste/compare on the left, and then I can drop code into NCPlot for instant backplotting.

Lars like some of what Matt was stating along with some time two MC on one screen and the other on well the other. then you can also copy and past from one session to another. also when I do quoting on one screen while programming on the other.

[ 11-14-2007, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming ]

yes Jim i surely did verify and check my program before sending it out.. in the verify it looked perfectly fine.. and so it did in the backplot. I didnt say it wasn't my fault as well.. i scaned through the code though and it looked fine.. it's more than 98 to 99% good.. i donno what went wrong.. well.. the post went wrong that much i know but the why i donno. biggrin.gif and guess what hence the post is causing trouble in X2... boss said go back to v9.1 ! banghead.gif just when i was actually starting to like X2 ya? smile.gif it has some cool features.. however i still don't see how working with it will beat the speed in working with 9... no way on earth i'd say.. smile.gifwink.gif lol.. i know me saying this pulls some sensitive strings for some guys here.. wink.gif

quote:

it's more than 98 to 99% good.. i donno what went wrong.. well.. the post went wrong that much i know but the why i donno

98-99% isn't good enough for this business biggrin.gif

sounds like you would be better off building a new post from scratch using latest MPMaster,and like I said about learning on your own time DO IT. tongue.gif You only benefit yourself and your company. cheers.gif Be lucky you get to use Mastercam, I am not right now and miss it ALOT.

yep, it bit me alright... here is one confusing thing that came up in X2 with me the other day... I create a machine groupe and although when i click on use the coolant, pick etc.. my tools don't have coolant do i have to pick coolant on manually all the time for each tool or is there a way to turn it on in the configuration that im' missing? and second in the machine group lets say i do op1 group then i created op2 group where i used another WCS...!! now what happened is that as soon as i did this all ops in OP1 group needed to regenerate and the WCS changed in them as to what i have specified in OP2!!! the only way they didn't happen with me is when i created a SECOND Machine group!!! am i missing something? can i have more than one WCS per machine group?

last question and sorry for all that guys.. you know the logitec mice? like sometimes they have the zoom and all that and some extra bottons? anyone uses those? i was wondering if i can assign a keyboard key to one of the keys on the mouse like ALT, CTR OR SUCH.. anyone knows if thats doable? smile.gif doable? looked like diablo wink.gif thanks all for all

quote:

my tools don't have coolant do i have to pick coolant on manually all the time for each tool or is there a way to turn it on in the configuration that im' missing?

If you are using old style V9 coolant, there is no way to set your OP defaults. What you need to do is set your tools to all use coolant and the default to "Use tools, step, peck and coolant"

Otherwise you have to use the X style coolant and then you can set your OP defaults to the coolant on condition

quote:

can i have more than one WCS per machine group?

Yes you can, I am not sure what you did or how you set it up but it sounds like you physically moved your part, that will make your ops go dirty.

quote:

last question and sorry for all that guys.. you know the logitec mice? like sometimes they have the zoom and all that and some extra bottons? anyone uses those?

My suggestion on this is, while possible, I would not, there have been some issues with 3rd party mouse drivers and it seems using the "generic" driver is the best way. That won't give you the ability to program them for special functions.

thanks for the reply man but i didn't get it much.. whats v9 style and X style coolant? sorry i didn't catch up there...

quote:

Yes you can, I am not sure what you did or how you set it up but it sounds like you physically moved your part, that will make your ops go dirty.

ok, as long as u say its possible i'll say i did something wrong which is probably the case.. although all i did is click on WCS and select bottom then fit to screeen, pick a pocket and select the plane... and thats all i did. But again.. i donno i may have mis clicked something i donno thanks though...

quote:

My suggestion on this is, while possible, I would not, there have been some issues with 3rd party mouse drivers and it seems using the "generic" driver is the best way. That won't give you the ability to program them for special functions.

confused.gif am not really a computer wizz... confused.gif do u mean to say its doable but won't function properly type? who is generic driver? smile.gif sorry i really don't know what ur referring to... biggrin.gif thanks alot

ehy guys, am feeling special hence am having all those weird things happening lately let me add one thing and can someone tell me if they got that same error.. when i double click on MCX2 icon, which was working perfectly fine for the last week, it jumps to this blue screen dumping physical memory or whatever!!! anyone seen this? We have MCX2 LVL 1 and the pc is new DELL quad core 3Gbs ram i donno what video card but supposatly someone quadro or whatever am not sure sorry... is it vista? is it.....vista? biggrin.gif no seriously anyone knows what am i dealing with here?