Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vista and mcam9.1

elraiis

Hi guys, my pc got fried where i work so we ordered a new kickass one quad core and 4GB ram... but it came with vista!!! now that same MCAM9.1 that we were using for several years now is refusing to work. Page loads up and freezes. MCX works but we all hate it here. any clue how to fix this thing... i'm like 100% sure its because of vista hence thats the only change that took place... anyone?

peace

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smile.gif lol.. yes we do not really like X here that much.. actually we're really more like HATE it so far. Am trying with it and i still do find it annoying and slower to work with than 9 myself. maybe because i'm missing so much to learn still. dude.. i donno how to make a line longer... u know the fuction Modify, Extend, length in 9... well.. am still looking for it.. lol.. and patience is running out and the owner isn't planning on sending us to the course... what a waste of money he says. Hence 9 does the job, why bother with X2? the two other programmers gave up on it after one week of trying. smile.gifcurse.gif am still hanging on though... thanks all though for the hints... i guess solution is XP... biggrin.gif byeeee

One week? How long did it take you to completely learn V9, or 8, or 7, or whatever you started on?

The power of X isn't in the icons necessarily, but in the customization, which will in turn allow you to work faster. Plus everything else that's advancing, like toolpaths and stuff.

I was skeptical at first, but I believe I have finally changed sides. My savior was the right click menu. You can have anything just one click away, without looking for it!

quote:

the two other programmers gave up on it after one week of trying.

I know I am going to get slammed for this but, I wouldn't want anyone working for me that gave up so easily.

I had to really fight through a wicked learning curve of UG, whilst the only grammer and having to keep machine running and managed, V9 to X is not even CLOSE to that kind of learning curve.

It's the old saying, If you say you can't, you're right"

quote:

and patience is running out and the owner isn't planning on sending us to the course... what a waste of money he says. Hence 9 does the job, why bother with X2? the two other programmers gave up on it after one week of trying

so your idiot buys new computers and upgrades for Mcam but won't spring for training cuckoo.gif yep your idiot is right thats a waste of money tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

you know those programmers that gave up after one week really aren't trying right ? they could take it upon themselves to take the sim home and learn/practice at their own speed. but that would be improving themselves and since the idiot won't spring for training why should they right ? tongue.gif

one person gave me an advise and said if u wanna learn X too good and fast, u must put 9 aside and not touch it and think of X as a totally different software.. but with the load of work, cant really put my hand off v9... production will slow and drawings will pile up and there will be screaming all over the place.. biggrin.gif

oh and by the way iowajim62, although am pissed at my boss regarding the training thing and him not sending us... which is making my life harder... but u know he told me that the training would cost few thousands there... a new pc makes him money as programs are being made 'using v9 or x or whatever'... i think this is how he sees it... and well... i donno... thats not really valid argument cause better knoweldge in programming should profet him more i would say... but who knows how people think and calculate things ya?