Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vista and mcam9.1

elraiis

quote:

thats not really valid argument cause better knoweldge in programming should profet him more i would say

you are correct Sir, I've been doin this awhile and from my practice with X Demo I would say a month of playin around at home after work would be good enough for most folks to feel comfortable with switching over. Setting up MD/CD seems to be the biggest hurdle I have read about here. Your boss will only benefit from having you guys take advantage of the latest and greatest. Your Boss has it half right, he updated your software. He should help you guys take advantage of that investment. smile.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys.. a quick question... is there a way i can keep the ALT key always triggered instead of my having to press it each time to activate the menu? meaning if i type C A C it won't do nothing unless i press ALT first... is there a way to change that? or say replace the ALT key by another key or such.. ? sorry am somewhat annoying today. smile.gif

peace

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Andy said this week in Palo Alto ????

Henry said today ur gonna be up here in Santa Clara ?!?!?!?

Which is it ?

Ummmmmmm headscratch.gifidea.gifheadscratch.gifidea.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

According to my discussion with Bill last night I'm in Santee tomorrow, in the office Thursday, and in Miramar Friday. Somewhere in NorCal Monday and Tuesday and somewhere in the Northwest Wednesday and Thursday and in the office Friday. Did not talk to Bill today so things may have changed... biggrin.gif

Believe it or not, it's one of the things I realy like about my job. It SERIOUSLY changed from day to day. I usually have a good idea of what's going on but things change from hour to hour.

Nothing is on my schedule though so something may be amiss. Who knows.

One thing in concrete is I will be in Bawston December 10-13 for some training.

quote:

is there a way i can keep the ALT key always triggered instead of my having to press it each time to activate the menu?

Sadly no. What you could do though, if you have a five button mouse, is assign the alt key to one of the side buttons. Mine are Esc and Enter.

Another thing you could do, like I said earlier, is customize your right-click menu and add your most often used commands. I do this so I can keep one hand on the mouse, and one over the 10-key pad. cool.gif

And your right. This forum is an unbelievable resource! Good luck! cheers.gif

I certainly can sympathize with your problems switching over from V9 to X, I dug into it with the first release and it was like learning a new language, total PIA. I still miss a couple of V9 features that are not nearly as eloquently accomplished in X, but that being said, I am a LOT more productive now than I ever was. IMHO hanging out in this forum is probably the best training aid you can use, I have gotten far more than I have given, and I just want to take this opportunity to thank Emastercam, and all the generous gurus who hang out here and help us frustrated programmers.

ahhh.. thats bad to know.. the ALT key thing... i was hoping there is a way to trigger it which is easier than twisting my arm...

yo cadcam that was awsom... very helpful tip thanks alot.. where did u get that file from? if there is a link for helpful tips like that i can download plz i would be seriously beyond grateful..

have a good night guys.. smile.gif today was a little too much of a headache smile.gif i rather machine big parts than small ones we were banging our heads today to machine a part that has a leftover floor and walls of 0.02".... now this is how big i feel my brain to be too. biggrin.gif i hit the bed...thanks to all of you again.. smile.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif weekend is only 2 days away... firebounce.gif

bye

quote:

lol.. glenn.. i do not plan to end up paying an amount of money that my budget can't really afford knowing that boss won't pay it

It is only a couple hundred bucks, call it an investment in your future.

quote:

meaning if i type C A C it

You will find just clicking on the icon is a lot quicker than playing the piano on your keyboard.

ahhh glenn, soryr but this time i can't agree. i'm faster and more accurate with the keyboard than the mouse i was a typist. this is why am bugged with the mouse system... but i gotta adapt..

what few hundred bucks? i called captech here and they told me 14 days course where they'll teach me MCX from a to z will cost me 7000$! although i don't know how much can they exactely shove in my head in these 14 days... and the lady made me a special offer saying if i take it in french, it will cost me 360$/day instead of 500$. thats cool except that i will be missing alot of informations as am not as fluent in french as i'm in english.. no few bucks man this, to me, is a budget braker.

hey cadcam, thanks but i dont need the file, i'll try applying the concept on any other drawing. biggrin.gif i have plenty. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif thanks alot though.

have a good morning and a good day guys..

elraiis,

Once you nail down your Machine def, control def, and your toolbars the rest is easy. the positives far out weigh any negatives. I use X2MR2 for mills and wire edm and our lathe programmer is still on ver 9.1, i tried messing with 9.1 and forget it i'll take x2 any day.

But i've heard some guys hear say there really have been no improvement for the lathe. in X2 i can program wire or edm and not have to close one to open the other. you just need to break away from 9.1

quote:

I have one PC that will run V9 on Vista another that is a definate NO-GO. Tried all my trick and nothing. It opens and thats it DOA. Possibly a mouse conflict with the way V9 continualy parses the mouse for movement

Version 9 may appear to start fine, although considering it is not compatible/supported with Vista, I would worry that functionality may be compromised, and you're better running it on XP, or using X

quote:

ahhh glenn, soryr but this time i can't agree. i'm faster and more accurate with the keyboard than the mouse

In V9 every command requires at least 3 keystrokes to activate the command plus another 3 whacks of the ESC key to get you back to Main Menu so that you can start your command. In X one mouse click for the command and another mouse click will take me directly to the next commmand without wearing out the escape key. biggrin.gif

P.S. None of these books are over $120

http://www.emastercam.com/resources/

hi guys... long and nasty day at work today. my blood pressure went up for sure with X2. u know how much it doesn't help that now i'm stuck with X2 but not gradually and having all work piling up and people chasing u? on top of that, i wish i could at least wipe 9 out of my mind so that i won't have to try to do a function with X2 that i used to do with 9 and look all over the place and not find it... which brings us to this... The function squash in MC9... was it removed from MCX2? and the function create points along entity in 9... !!!! u know i click a line and say 20 points and it does the job. is there a guide or such for all the functions in 9 that were removed and if not what are they called in X2? maybe maybe MAYBE that could make me thing i still got a chance... curse.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifbanghead.gif

erails.. at this point you may find this difficult to believe, but X2 is way way way better than V9..give it some time... and an open mind wink.gif

here's a hot tip.. when you want to select a chain, hold down the Crtl key and click the chain...

for a partial chain.. click the first element

then the start of the last...

when I learned that, X started to work for me

you may be very right u know.. i never knew those tips u know thank alot... smile.gif actually u gave me an idea.. maybe i'll start a post and call it MCX2 hints and tips dump... where people share cool functions like that u know.. actually even what Cadcam posted for me as a sample video.. and other than what was that tutorial about i noticed the way the part swivles and moves and zooms in and pulls back out that was sooo wicked i never saw that.. i mean i didn't see him moving the mouse around for the part to shift so smoothly in round and such... and then those hints u just gave and many hints that other have shared... this is gold... thanks alot man and i hope i adapt fast. good night. smile.gif

okkkk? i looked that up but i have no clue how would anyone manage a mouse and this bubbly thing and a keyboard all at once.. confused.gif hey guys, i had to print a setup sheet for the setup guys in the shop and this thing was huge in X2. but it says its customizable...! by people with small knowledge such as myself or it means i'll need to contact captech and ask them to fix it the way i'd like to have the setup sheet?

peace.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...i looked that up but i have no clue how would anyone manage a mouse and this bubbly thing and a keyboard all at once...

I have no idea how I got along WITHOUT one after having one. biggrin.gif