Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Undelete in OP Manager?

Bruce Kanzelmeyer

yup, Right click in op manager, select undelete. only works right after your mistake. As mentioned above,if you do anything else before you undelete.....your screwed.

Also you can refer to your backup files as long as you have it enabled. This has saved my arse more than a few times. If you don't have your backup turned on bonk.gif

You'd better turn it on. It's only a matter of time.

quote:

:whisper: Pssst! Hey Thad, QC doesn't design anything... They just log and test for bugs. Give em a break will ya?

AND they take enhancement requests. wink.gif

Paul,

I wasn't ripping on QC. I was ripping on the guy who created a half-assed feature and then says, "Yup, it's supposed to work half-assed." rolleyes.gif

Thad

If delete had its own (multiple clip board...)

Like you could open up a window called

'undelete more' and pick the path you need back.

Have it so until you close down your MC session

you may retrieve any path

or have it save all undeleted paths to a folder

for future use, kinda like export.

Maybe add a function so a path that is dirty is

still a path regardless if the associative geo

has been modified. it can still be used, edited

or posted.. cheers.gif (dreaming again)

I must go now...

I know this all sounds wonderful but please consider the possible overhead carrying deleted operations will add to the file you have open. If you think your system crawls now, consider having multiple 5-axis or surface machining operations "held" in the background, along with all of the associated geometry pointers, etc... We're not talking about keeping a 5kb image in memory in case you want it back, we are potentially talking about MB or GB of information.

Thad, the boys in QC fight the battle every day on your behalf. It just really pains me that no one seems to appreciate the effort they put forth. Many individuals on this forum post disparaging remarks regarding the folks employed at CNC Software as if we are a bunch of evil, money grubbing monsters. The truth is we are just folks like you that work hard hard every day to make this piece of software better. Most of us take great pride in the work that we do and tend to take things personally when we get blasted by someone that often simply does not understand the how something works or why it works that way.

quote:

tend to take things personally when we get blasted by someone that often simply does not understand the how something works or why it works that way.

Paul I would suggest checking out the MPMaster, I think it has something in there to address that particular issue

biggrin.gif

kudos CNC cheers.gif it is yeomans work

Paul,

I was wishful thinking about something more like an undo/redo that goes back 1 or 2 operations only--when you try to delete something in the graphics window and it doesn't delete the way you think it should, I've often changed orientation and zoomed in to make sure it was selected correctly before I realize that I have inadvertently deleted an operation in the op manager--by then its usually too late to undelete. Just sharing a feature that would occasionally save me from my own stupidity. Cheers,

That is sweeeeet! I never new there was undelete in the Ops Mngr! When I delete something in there it's usually like slow motion. You delete and realize the error all at the same time.

I never new you had a one shot at redemption. I've tried doing ctrl z and that never worked. But now I realize that if you do a ctrl z then you have lost your one undelete.

Maybe what would be smarter is when you try and delete something in the Ops Mngr a window pops up and says "Are you sure you want to delete this operation, knucklehead!"

Here is a question for everyone: Would you like it if CNC Software added a switch (so you could turn off this behavior) to prompt you when deleting an operation? Something along the lines of:

You are about to delete "X" number of toolpaths from the operations manager. Are you sure you really want to delete them?

[Yes] | [No]

I'm sure a majority of Mastercam users have experienced the sinking feeling of loosing a lot of hard work when you accidentally delete one or more toolpaths. I know I have. The problem is that it more often than not happened by accident. You thought you were going to delete some geometry, and somehow the screen focus got shifted over to the operations manager.

Thoughts?

I dislike annoying pop ups, but in certain instances it is useful. I think this one would be beneficial.

We use backup but not autosave because it is a resource hog. And there are certain times you don't want autosave to kick in. So backup is only good if you save frequently.

Colin, I like my popup text better.

quote:

Are you sure you want to delete this operation, knucklehead!

quote:

Many individuals on this forum post disparaging remarks regarding the folks employed at CNC Software as if we are a bunch of evil, money grubbing monsters. The truth is we are just folks like you that work hard hard every day to make this piece of software better. Most of us take great pride in the work that we do and tend to take things personally when we get blasted by someone that often simply does not understand the how something works or why it works that way.

What are the chances that the "many individuals" names are John B? wink.gif

Personally, I think you guys do one he!! of a job. cheers.gif

Multiple opportunity for undelete would be great, but i can certainly see your point.

You should look at the complaints and bit**es as a compliment though... Most of it is a feeble attempt on our part for you guys to save us from ourselves! Like the undelete deal, we just need someone like you to come along and make our systems failsafe, since we are prone to making stupid mistakes. At least, that is my situation! I am retarded 1/2 the time and stupid the other 3/4, so I need all the help I can get! biggrin.gif