Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

analyze

keith mc.

I can usually tell just by looking at the file where the smallest radii are. Then I use analyze-dynamic to check those areas. Even still, if I find a .125 rad in the file, that doesn't mean I'm going to finish the entire job with a .187 ball. Depending on the situation, I usually don't use anything smaller than a .500 ball to finish. After that, I pick the corners with leftover paths. Verifying to an STL will tell me if I need to pick down any further.

Thad

On a seperate file, i create curve on all edges, then i keep on screen all arc only(by hidding all entities except arc) and visually i can see witch arc are smaller and i analyse them.

Sometime, i get some spline curve, but 95% of the time, i get arc.

This is the best way i found.

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to do something of this sort.. The best way I came up with for at least breaking down the sizes. Use the general selections bar / select all diameters / < or = to the smalest diameter you enter. Now you can decrease your diameter search value or just pick entities until you have the one you are looking for.