Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SL10 Haas dies yet again

Thee Dragracer1951

Bout every two months or so, my SL10 will puke it's little guts out. This time when I started it this morning, I get a low hydraulic pressure alarm and an X axis fault alarm

Ran just fine a week ago.

Wonder how much it'll cost to get it to run so I can get it the Hell out of my shop.

I've already talked to my Daewoo dealer. He has a 240SMC waiting in the warehouse. I've owned this machine for almost two years. I've spent over $15k in repairs. Never again.

I ain't even bitchin anymore. I'm just disgusted with it

Greg,

While I agree any machine maker can and do have problems with machines.

I have heard far more and I mean waaaay more complaints about HAAS than about Daewoo or many other manufacturers.

I worked in a shop with an SL20 and SL40 (I think that's what they were). The bigger one was quite strong, but the smaller one was constantly having similar issues. Another issue it had was the turret not reseating properly thus giving a turret alarm.

Where I am at now we have 4 daewoo lathes (Puma 400, 450, and (2) 12L-C's. The 400 and 450 series are great machine. Enough ponies to do some decent cutting and low on the maint. front. I would go with the Daewoo over haas (I dun wanna hear it John! tongue.gif )

Yes, I realize that I have gotten a lemon. The factory has refused to even discuss the issue. The machine has been a problem since the day I got it. The mark of a great company is in how they handle these issues. Haas has failed miserably as far as I'm concerned.

But on a lighter note...The Okuma guy stopped by yesterday. We talked about Horizontals...

quote:

I'm looking at a Daewoo 240SMC with under 10 hours on it. $121k

Comes with an LNS barfeed and chip conveyer, yada yada. It's a repo from a father son shop where the son decided he didn't want to do this....

We have a Puma 240. Very tough machine. We also have LNS S3 bar loaders. Great results with both.

hey guys... am rather surprized to hear so much negative about HAAS!! i rather love those things, they hardly brake and they run so well like super and their hight feed is soo accurate i wouldn't want to use any other type of machines. we have only 3 haas here and am trying to convince the owner to get more of them and get rid of the rest we got. we have those huge FAMUP ones i donno if any of u guys know them. Some italian machine and those really REALLY cause trouble.. anyhow just wanted to chare a little and honestly u got me worried here making me starting to think are we only lucky with our haas and its not always the case with the rest of them or what!