Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

AutoSave quirk with X2 MR2?

Avs_Fan

I use AutoSave & I've noticed a minor annoyance with it since upgrading to X2 MR2 (lathe, mill3, solids). Whenever the AutoSave screen pops up & I have Mastercam minimized, it brings up Mastercam as well in a reduced size screen. confused.gif (If I have Mastercam maximized & the AutoSave screen comes up, Mastercam stays maximized, which is OK.) In previous versions, only the AutoSave screen would pop up when I had Mastercam minimized. Has anyone else experienced this & if so, how can I change it so that only the AutoSave screen pops up?

Well since I never have or have it pop up I don't know. That to me would be a real problem since I save every 10 minutes. I can not imagine with 2 session running needing to have it pop up 96 times to 160 times in a day when I want it to save it the reason I am using auto save to being with. Sorry I can not answer the question, but maybe you can answer mine why do you have it prompt you to save??

Thank You for the responses! smile.gif

I have now turned OFF "Prompt before saving file".

(I usually had set AutoSave at a 60 minute interval, so it wasn't that big of a deal to answer the prompt. It was just annoying when it started to also bring up Mastercam with it after the X2MR2 update.)

Sometimes a fresh perspective is needed. I will now begin to accept the "Auto" part of AutoSave. bonk.gif

I use Autosave and I have it set for every 15 min, and it does screw up on a minimized window, at least for me. It will only do that once because you check the box save without prompt. The biggest problem with it is that it will save when your doing somthing and it will slow things down but I rather have my file backed up then loose all the work I've done. MC crashes some times you know. frown.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

Greg