Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Step, peck, coolant

Programinator

The problem i have is when i have the use tools step peck coolant checked I cant get it to turn coolant on automatically because in the tool library all the tools do not have it on.

When i dont have it checked then the coolant comes on fine because i set it in my op defaults.

The problem i have is that im used to picking a tap out of the library and having it put (tap) in the cycle dropdown box for you.

so i forget sometimes and it thinks its a drill and rapids out of the hole and breaks the tap.

In v9 you could check the use tools step pick coolant and it would work fine for the coolant and also the tap.

what im doing now is keeping the box unchecked and trying to make sure i change the cycle to tap.

Today i broke a tap in a part that had 20 hours into it and i was not happy.

is there any way to make both things work without going through each tool in the library and changing the coolant to on.

quote:

Today i broke a tap in a part that had 20 hours into it and i was not happy.

is there any way to make both things work without going through each tool in the library and changing the coolant to on.

don't know if you can make both work or not, but it's not gonna take 20 hours to change the tool library is it ? 20 hours machine time (20 x $75 = $1500 example only) lost is definitely enough to make the tool library changes worthwhile. at least you won't have to worry about trying to remember to set it everytime. jm2c

quote:

is there any way to make both things work

Not really.

+1 to what Jim said.

I tried to have it both ways and finally few years back sat down an edited my tool library.

Now coolant thru tools, face mills and any other tool has I use have preselected coolant, pecks and so on. I add tools as needed.

Simple and foolproof.

When it comes to editing a library... frown.gif it's time consuming, but worth it.

hth

too late.

I knew someone would come up with a way to do it faster once i got done

I just got done changing all the tools and it only took me an hour and about 1000 clicks eek.gif my hand is hurting bad.

cheers.gif no more broken taps cheers.gif

so now whenever i make a new tool i just have to remember to turn coolant on and save to library and i should be all set.

besides the coolant not coming on is easier to catch than getting g81 output instead of g84.

Thanks again.

When i updated my tool libraries from 9 to X a year ago it turned ALL the tools' coolants off.

I was pissed, and was told to hand change them one at a time. So I did and did not smile!

All the money I pay for MC and Maintenance and

have to do crap like that.

Dont get me wrong I like my MC just so much seemingly unecessary stuff.

Just ONE of the reasons I hated the X changeover.