Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jealous

gwilliams

Ive been looking over your forum and i have to admit I am jealous of all the knowledge you guys have. I am a currently trying to talk myself into switching to Mastercam. And considering that the software i use (surfcam) doesnt have a decent forum im about to make the jump. Theres nothing worse than getting stuck and not having anywhere to go for answers.I have to admit considering my limited knowledge other than running code by mastercam, that it is 100% better at finishing ops, surfcam has them on roughing but its the finished product that counts.

going to the dark side finally

I used Surfcam for about 7 years doing a lot of complex parts. Personally, I think Mastercam is a quite a bit better in many areas. I was able to make the transition very quickly, especially do to this forum. When you refer to Surfcam's roughing feature I'm assuming you mean True Mill. As far as Surfcam's surface rough compared to Mastercam's Surface Rough Pocket, I would take Mastercam any day. I'm not sure what type of work you do. But when it comes to more complex stuff Mastercam is way better. As far as 2D type work, it's kind of a wash. Don't be afraid to ask any question, the guys treat you pretty well here. Good Luck, Wayne

Hi, my name is John. I too, used to use Surfcam back in 1996.

I was able to break the lesser CAM habit some time after that. I have had a couple of relapses with different systems but I have been able to get back on the path of the good and the righteous. wink.gif

This, simply put is the best "manufacturing" forum on the 'net, it has grown far beyond a Mastercam only site.

Welcome to the Forum

cheers.gif

Enjoy your stay