Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ati firegl

mjm3xs

Definiately the video card. I received an ATI Fire GL card with my new system and this created big lag problems, ghosting, crashes on occasion. Nvidia Gforce 6800 series or better. 256 MB of RAM minimum and you should be happy. You need a fullsize desktop case to hold the card however. Not the little midget cases that are becoming popular.

I have an IBM T60p Laptop with an ATI mobility FireGL V5200 card and everything runs fine. I had to adjust the performance settings on the battery (was lagging) but after that it was fine. I have a NVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL on my desktop computer (laptop for travel) and I can't tell the difference between the two. Card memory settings maybe?

ok ithink colin is right!dont know if there are any fixes for the ati but i think i'd be better off buying an old commodore 64 from the antique store!dont quite know how to tell my boss the owner, yet,that his so called computer builder f'd up.and the card he chose(something like 1500 bucks),sucks.

oh yeah by the way. i was complaining like usual about this situation,so some dellcert'd tech came replaced the mother board and fan(which when we first got the thing sounded like a jet enginge in my office)had'nt sounded like that in months , tech said its not supposed to sound like that but i think the faster the better.so i take the side panel off now and throw a fan on high to cool sht down and it seems to cut the lag time.don't know how much this so called tch cost but i came up with a better solution for 17.99 from wallmart.this is just insane!