Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 and 8800GT or GTX

Thoob

Hi. I am a brand new user. I have used previous versions of MC however with X2 and my current video card(s) (by this I mean 8800GT in one and 8800GTX in the other) I get alot of pausing and freezing while I'm trying to draw. Even if I am not doing anything. Now I had this problem awhile back when I was using V9, and ended up having to revert back to an older Videocard driver to make it work. Now right now V9 works without a problem but X2 still does it. Is there a specific driver I should be using or does someone else have the same type of set up that maybe they can shed some light? If you need rest of the specs, they are XP64bit, 4GB ram, Q6600, and 2 8800GTX's. The other one is XP32bit, 2GB ram, E6750 and 8800GT. Both computers do the same thing.

I am running a Q6600 with 4 gigs on XP Pro 32bit and a GTS8800

I do not experience any of the lag you're seeing.

If you are on maintenance, I would suggest you upgrade to the latest X2 MR2 SP1

There was a lag issue many, including myself, did experience but the updates along the way cured what was causing the issue.

I would suggest you go

Setting >> Configuration >> Screen >> and Make sure "Disable Front Buffer" IS checked.

and in the card settings make sure the "Triple Buffering" is off

hth

BTW, Welcome to the Forum

cheers.gif

I have updated to SP1. I will go check those other settings and report back. Thank you. When you say in the card settings, do you mean in the videocard settings? Or is there a setting of some sort in X2. This X interface is alot different then V9, so I have alot of new sh1t to look at. lol.

Tried the same driver you have and that didnt work either. Tried disabling SLI, thought that would do it but it didn't. I'm really stumped. Could it be I borked the setup? Theres nothing in particular I should have done is there? When the guy installed it on the laptop at work, it was fine(that is until we started backplotting etc. Then it froze, thats why we have a newer computer). Maybe I should contact him and see if theres something I'm doing wrong. Again if anyone has a thought feel free to let me know. Thanks for everything.

I noticed something else, maybe this will spark something. I am watching the task manager under applications, and it keeps going into not responding mode for about 5-10 seconds each time. i went to the Processes and watched the Mastercam.exe process and the CPU keeps jumping to different numbers all the way yp to 25 for which I've seen. I obviously don't have 25 cores so shouldn't this stay at 0-3 only? Even if I set the affinity to one core, it still changes numbers. And when it hits 25 is when the program freezes.

[ 01-19-2008, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Thoob ]

To Gcode. I have that at performance already. I set that everytime I format. tongue.gif

To Mark. Autosave is default to off and I haven't set it on. I'm very frustrated at how its running but I know its my computer and some setting is screwing it up. I just wish I knew what one.

Ok. Stupid question here...... How do u disable the mouse driver without the mouse stopping working??

I've got similar problems with 8800GT & 8600GT cards on 3 different Machines with exactly the same problems. Srambled Screen when doing Dynamic Rotation and Backplot which is just unwatchable 'Ghosting and flickering'.

Tried different drivers (now running with latest one's 169.21), all the above settings 'front buffer, Tripple Buffer etc. Still no change.

Running X2 MR2 SP1

XP Pro SP2

2Gig of Ram

E6600

When you first install Windows and you attach your mouse, (you have not put the driver in yet) but it still works. If I didn't have to program my buttons for gaming, I would not even use a driver. Your mouse will still work, its just that you won't be able to set certain keys.

I only do a few hours week at home on my XPS that has a 8800GTX card. I do not have any trouble and I always use the latest drivers for all hardware. The machine is set up for gaming, but does work well with Mastercam.

This is first time I ever posted, but have been reading the forum for years:) Thanks for all the good ideas and help I have read.

• 2 weeks later...

litin,

If you press CTRL + ALT + DEL and go to the performance tab, if you have a duo core chip you should have 2 windows in the upper section, if you have a quad core you'll have 4, like this

processes.png

Lets back up a bit. you jumped in this thread late.

What kind of problems are YOU having?