Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Keeping Track of Program Revisions using a mr.

crazy^millman

I am not sure how many this will be helpful for. We have been approved for MBD though Boeing and Spirit. Part of that requirement as well as AS9100 is that you keep up with program revision on the floor. We have a SOP here that Program Rev changes are as follows. A tool number change, workoffset change does not constitute a Program Rev. Any change to speeds, Feeds, clearance planes, Retract Planes, or anything to the machine code that alter the manufacturing of the part is a REV change. The NC program, Tool List, Set-up sheet shall relect the correct revision. There are 2 log books for recording the Changes one in Programming and one on the floor.

Well I needed a way to keep up with it and have it come out right when I posted so here it is:

Add this to the string section of your post:

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Program Rev Complience with Boeing/Spirit MBD Requirements

sr00 "N/C"

sr01 "A"

sr02 "B"

sr03 "C"

sr04 "D"

sr05 "E"

sr06 "F"

sr07 "G"

sr08 "H"

sr09 "I"

sr10 "J"

sr11 "K"

sr12 "L"

sr13 "M"

sr14 "N"

sr15 "O"

sr16 "P"

sr17 "Q"

sr18 "R"

sr19 "S"

sr20 "T"

sr21 "U"

sr22 "V"

sr23 "W"

sr24 "X"

sr25 "Y"

sr26 "Z"

srev

fstrsel sr00 mr9$ srev 27 -1

Add this to your Tool Comment /Manual Entry Section of the post:

code:

psrev

*srev

Add this your pheader section of the post:

code:

scomm_str, "PROGRAM REV  - ", psrev, scomm_end, e$  

Then in your control Defition for mr9 add this:

code:

Program Rev [0=N/C,1=A,2=B,.......26=Z]  

Now I used mr9 you can use mi if you want you can use any other number 1-10 your choice. This was the only one I had free between 7 posts.

HTH and enjoy.

Also this is based off of MPMASTER so the pheader may need to look like so for posts using ( ).

code:

"(PROGRAM REV  - ", psrev, ")", e$  

• 4 years later...

I found this searching for an answer...

We have an assortment of machining centers and scheduling dictates where a job (rejob) gets placed.

How we are setup now... we post out to one machine operator runs it edits as he needs and saves the program back up to server under proven programs...(sometimes with machine name).

I would like a list of changes he makes so the program can be modified on my end...

Anyhow... if a job gets released under a new rev level there is a lot of file management work to get all outdated proven files archived.

Does anyone know how Predator handles anything like this? Or is there a system that you may use?

It is aerospace and Boeing etc... know how that is.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Helpful as always Ron :cheers:

But I really don't understand the AS definition of a program mod....How can form fit and function be altered by changing clearance and retract planes?

If you program something and you have an inch clearance/retract throughout and get it FAIR'd, if the qty's ramp up for subsequent batches (like they usually do) then you're going to reduce your non cutting to 0.1 (or whatever) to get the time down. Part is still the same...

However, banging feeds/speeds up etc then yes, I can understand.