Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Arc tangent two entities

This should be an easy one. I have two parrallel lines of the same length, spaced 1 inch apart. I want create arcs tangent to both end points of the parallel lines so as to form a slot with 1 inch diameter arcs at both ends. I cant figure out how to pic the end points of the lines and have mastercam automaitcally calculate the diameter of the arcs, create them tangent to the lines, and trim them all in one shot. I remember being able to do this in version 9. I guess the easiest way to describe what I am trying to do would be similar to the Solidworks Tangent Arc function. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. What I am looking for is a way to do this without the need to input the diameter. I thought there was a way to just pick the endpoints of the lines and have mastercam determine the diameter automatically and trim the arc so it would only be a half circle. Maybe I am getting mastercam and solidworks mixed up.

Use Create/Circle Edge Point

choose the 2 point option and snap to the endpoints of your lines

There is your circle

Hit Trim and the number key "3"

then click line1/line2/ and arc

You're done.

This works fast and easy.. I don't know of a way to do it without trimming"

You can do it by selecting "create arc endpoints", then clicking on the "tangent" button on the ribbon bar. You then select the first point, then the second point, and finally select one of the lines. The sequence of which points you select makes a difference as to whether the arc is concave or convex.

Nice work, Coyote! Welcome to the forum. cheers.gif

quote:

The sequence of which points you select makes a difference as to whether the arc is concave or convex.

I can't get the arc to go the right way. I *think* I've tried all the different click sequences. headscratch.gif

Thad