Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2.5 Hole 7" deep

ATG

Try a DNMG tool CNMG may have to much back pressure.

Have you tried speeding up the rpm? Have you tried increasing the feedrate while cutting the depth of cut by 50%? Have you tried face cutting the part using the strength of the bar? Have you tried angle cutting the bore doing a 45 deg cut from Major ID to Minor ID? I tired putting an example on the FTP called CRAZY_45_ID_ROUGHING.MCX email me and I will send you the example.

HTH

You might try extremes of speeds and feeds to see if that helps and then take steps to improve from what you learn.. i.e really really slow RPM, does that help? On my machines, slowing RPM and increasing feeds helps on chatter, also any cutter design that reduces cutting pressure helps. Sometimes brushing on cutting oil, instead of coolant can help.

I agree with J.K. that a bit more information would help in making suggestions. That said, I have often been able to reduce chatter by grinding a high positive back rake on the insert. All this is doing is reducing the cutting force as has been mentioned by others.

Phil