Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

calculating chamfer depths

Camdude®

COOL °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Got a good one for you. Make a 1/2 endmill work like a chamfer mill. Seems they did not pay attention to the tool list, program note, or the fact that it scrapped the part. Oh the the fun begins about how stupid a programmer I am and how I make bad programs and everyone loves to tell the owner I made a mistake, yet when someone else makes one they never fess up. I pretty much let it be known today I got big shoulders and if I were let go because the perception is I can not do my job because of others people mistakes I can find me a job tomorrow can you? No comments imagine that. cuckoo.gifcuckoo.gifbonk.gifbonk.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

• Thanks 1
  • 15 years later...
On 4/22/2008 at 12:05 PM, crazy^millman said:

Got a good one for you. Make a 1/2 endmill work like a chamfer mill. Seems they did not pay attention to the tool list, program note, or the fact that it scrapped the part. Oh the the fun begins about how stupid a programmer I am and how I make bad programs and everyone loves to tell the owner I made a mistake, yet when someone else makes one they never fess up. I pretty much let it be known today I got big shoulders and if I were let go because the perception is I can not do my job because of others people mistakes I can find me a job tomorrow can you? No comments imagine that. graemlins/cuckoo.gifgraemlins/cuckoo.gifgraemlins/bonk.gifgraemlins/bonk.gifgraemlins/banghead.gifgraemlins/banghead.gifgraemlins/headscratch.gifgraemlins/headscratch.gif

I'm with you Brother.  Although it sounds like you handle it better than me.  I usually decline to comment rather than get into a back and forth.  Mainly because it seems like an operator can xxxx on the floor and not get into any real trouble, at least over here in Wisconsin.

It usually gnaws at me so it makes me think,  Dude! I started way WAY back on the floor.  I've done you're job as a button pusher/operator (depending on the individual when a situation happens)  Now, as a manufacturing engineer my job involves CIP's, Programming, Fixture Design, Procurement, etc.   You're over here acting like you're a Damn Genius and the reason this tool went through the part and into the table is because I did something.  NOooo! it had nothing to do with you not touching off a tool correctly.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, CoonDogWillie said:

I'm with you Brother.  Although it sounds like you handle it better than me.  I usually decline to comment rather than get into a back and forth.  Mainly because it seems like an operator can xxxx on the floor and not get into any real trouble, at least over here in Wisconsin.

It usually gnaws at me so it makes me think,  Dude! I started way WAY back on the floor.  I've done you're job as a button pusher/operator (depending on the individual when a situation happens)  Now, as a manufacturing engineer my job involves CIP's, Programming, Fixture Design, Procurement, etc.   You're over here acting like you're a Damn Genius and the reason this tool went through the part and into the table is because I did something.  NOooo! it had nothing to do with you not touching off a tool correctly.

Well I haven't changed much in the last 16 years. I pretty much had that same exact speech at least 20 times with different customers. Currently carrying certain Space Companies and others on this back and shoulders of mine. Had the same conversation even in the last 2 weeks with 2 different customers.

Now I just ask what floors need to be mopped, toilets cleaned or walls painted. No different than hiring me to program and job and then handcuffing me with restrictions to help make it better. Lets not use the recommend tools and holders you called out. Lets use a Hydraulic holder(No it is bearings not hydraulic :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:) have the tool pull out and almost scrap a part. Carbide shanks who needs stupid carbide shanks just use heavy metal in Titanium 6al4v with 8Xd stick out what could possible go wrong?????? :wallbash::wallbash: 6 hour run time turned into 20 hours and I hear the complaints about how expense I am. On 6 parts customer has loss 200 hours of production time saving on holders and tools. I have over 100 hours of wasted programming time.

What color did that wall need to be painted? Purple neon with puke green highlights??????? excellent choice sir!!!!! Right on it sir!!!!!

What floor needed to be mopped? Want that waxed and paint also sir???? Right on it sir!!!!!!

Yes sir right on it sir!!!!! Just pay your bill is all I ask, but even that is asking too much. :wallbash::wallbash:

• Haha 3