Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving letters in X2

strabe

Hi all,

I need to engrave some letters into a plastic name plate but X2 won't do it. In V9 I could create letters and do a window contour and engrave stick letters with no problem. In X2 when I do a window contour it only finds closed contours, like O. What am I doing wrong? confused.gifconfused.gif Did something change between revs or is it something obvious staring at me?? I do not have the engraving option as I've never needed it to engrave stick letters. Please help.

Thanks,

Ken

There is something "intermittent" going on for sure.

Window the geometry and some days it JUST WON'T grab it, other days it works fine.

SP1 has seemed to clear it up but in MR1 and MR2, I would see it occasionally.

Shut down and restart and try it agin.

Ocean,

I have had it happen to me. same setting same geometry, one day works, next day does not.

I can't recreate on demand.

First time it happened I thought I was seeing things.

next day, same darn thing worked.

headscratch.gif

Okay I got it.

In my config file I only had closed chains checked. As soon as I clicked on open chains, window contour worked. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I didn't realize you could have more than one of those option checked.

Thanks all for your quick replies and suggestions.

Ken

quote:

There is something "intermittent" going on for sure.

Window the geometry and some days it JUST WON'T grab it, other days it works fine.

John, try changing from Cplane to 3D when chaining. I've never run across a part that I couldn't engrave and I used to engrave multiple parts EVERY DAY. I'd window and get 0 chains. Switch to 3D and it would work every time. I noticed it would happen more when in a WCS other than top.

Thad