Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Process And Procedures

Ok I have more I just need to dig for them. Here are 3 I did and they are on the FTP in the Text_&_post_files_&_misc folder and they are

1: MACHINE LETTERS TO PRECEDE NC PROGRAMS.doc

2: PROGRAMMING PRODUCURE FOR CAM.doc

3: Visio-VM Derivative Media.pdf

I hope that helps any questions just let me know.

That's good info, Ron, thanks

I tried to put this file on the ftp but couldn't do it:

1.0 TITLE

CNC Lathe & Machining Center

2.0 PURPOSE

The purpose of this procedure is to identify and explain the required process for manufacturing parts on our CNC Lathes and CNC Machining Centers.

3.0 SCOPE

This process is used for all parts requiring CNC Lathe and Machining Center operations.

4.0 APPLICABLE & REFERENCE DOCUMENTS

4.1 Job Package

5.0 MATERIALS

As required in Section 4.0.

6.0 DEFINITIONS

6.1 Job Package

All documentation sent to the shop floor for the manufacture, assembly, or testing of parts. The front page is called the Work Order.

7.0 RESPONSIBILITY

All CNC machine operators and their direct supervisors.

8.0 PROCEDURE

8.1 A job package will come to the shop floor from the Stockroom or the Saw Room. The saw operator or stockroom attendant will write the material trace number on the Work Order Sheet (and routing if required) in the following format: T/S XXXXX

8.2 If the part needs to be moved to an alternate work center, routings shall be taken to the manufacturing office to have the work center changed. Example: Change from CNC machine to manual machine.

8.3 The operator performs the job in the order that is scheduled. Kits may be provided to reduce set-up time. These kits will include items like tools, inserts, gauges, and various documentation.

8.4 To start the job, the operator shall:

-Verify that all revisions match (drawing, sketches, routing, program, etc.)

-Check that material trace number is on documentation

-Check that all previous operation were “stamped off”

-Quantity received is correct.

If any of these requirements are not met, the operator will notify his supervisor or a member of the manufacturing staff.

8.5 The operator shall then:

-Verify that the gauges and tools are correct per the manufacturing documentation

-Stock diameter and length are correct (per the routing)

8.6 Acquire fixtures/work holding as required

8.7 Set up machine to manufacture part and make a “first piece”

8.8 Inspect part per routing/sketch/drawing

-Parts manufactured using a new or altered program should be inspected by the operator and another person. The routing should be stamped by both individuals. The yellow quality alert sticker shall be placed on the job package cover at this time.

-Stamp and date proper operation on the routing.

-Enter set-up time in PowerCerv

8.9 Run balance of order

-Verify standard run time

-Verify that parts are correct to routing/sketch/drawing

-Enter manufacturing time in PowerCerv

-If job is not complete at the end of the shift, write quantity completed on the routing beside your stamp

8.10 Move parts the next work center

-If your operation is the last operation, make a move ticket and bring the parts to the stockroom

8.11 Move the schedule board magnet for your job to the next work center column and place it vertically at the bottom of the column.

8.12 Return all unnecessary tools, gauges, and documentation to their proper location

8.13 Change date on program to current date and send program back to server. Delete program from machine memory.